Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weed wackers

Tom Brown
    I want to trim some shit in my alley. My neighbor has had a heart incident and he can't do it so I'm in the market for a weed whacker.
    Are these cheap Chinese whackers any good?
    Several of the department stores around here sell the same generic looking green engined wacker with a 25cc 2 stroke engine.
    I'm hoping that among the suggestions to buy a diesel 4 wheel drive tractor and 60' cultivator, someone will offer some sensible advice appropriate for trimming a 10 foot long crack between the apron on the neighbor's garage and the alley asphalt. I could do it with hand sheers in 5 minutes but it looks like I'll be doing it regularly so I'd just as soon buy something that doesn't make me stoop over.
    Anyone?

hoolign
    I want to trim some shit in my alley. My neighbor has had a heart incident and he can't do it so I'm in the market for a weed whacker.
    Are these cheap Chinese whackers any good?
    Several of the department stores around here sell the same generic looking green engined wacker with a 25cc 2 stroke engine.
    I'm hoping that among the suggestions to buy a diesel 4 wheel drive tractor and 60' cultivator, someone will offer some sensible advice appropriate for trimming a 10 foot long crack between the apron on the neighbor's garage and the alley asphalt. I could do it with hand sheers in 5 minutes but it looks like I'll be doing it regularly so I'd just as soon buy something that doesn't make me stoop over.
    Anyone?
    Round up!

Tom Brown
    That's a quality idea but I think it needs swathing first.

hoolign
    Seriously though. Those cheap ones are "cheap" for a reason. 99 bucks don't last very long . Shitty spools on most of them. Spend a few hun on a good Stihl with upright handles and twist throttle, more comfortable to operate! Buy something heavy duty that will last you! Can always huck a bush blade on those unlike those wimpy 99 dollar ones.

ThongMagnet
    You could always use those old drop cloths, and place a few of those spare bricks on top to hold it down. No sun no weeds:idea:
    Or my second thought, although somewhat dangerous to the less experience, is to spray a lite mist gasoline over the weeds and shoot a bottle rocket into the mess. :idea:

I have an electric Ryobi, works well and is several years old. More than adequate for small jobs.
    My next one will be V6 powered thought I think.

Tom Brown
    Spend a few hun on a good Stihl with upright handles and twist throttle....
    http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
    Thanks. I didn't realize Stihl made them. My chain saw is a Stihl. I'll check out the place I got it for a trimmer.
    Thanks, Festus.

Tom Brown
    I have an electric Ryobi, works well and is several years old.
    hmmm.... another decent brand. Thanks. I can easily get a cord to this small thicket. Electric might be a smart and quieter way to go.

hoolign
    http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
    Thanks. I didn't realize Stihl made them. My chain saw is a Stihl. I'll check out the place I got it for a trimmer.
    Thanks, Festus.
    Trim Away (http://www.stihl.ca/products_trimBru...ushcutters.asp)

hoolign
    hmmm.... another decent brand. Thanks. I can easily get a cord to this small thicket. Electric might be a smart and quieter way to go.
    Electric??? are you freakin kidding me?? Might as well swing by Walmart and buy yourself a dress to wear while you use it then! Electric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast