Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats a water cooled casale worth??

evol805
    http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/426034425.htmlI have a 1985 cobra 22.5 open bow with a water cooled casale v drive, The boat was hit in the rear by a car and I'm thinking about parting it out. Can anyone give me a ball park number on a water cooled casale with less then 40 hours??? Thanks alot.

SGettmann
    Hi - Do you have any information on the overdrive ratio? That will be important, also, which model of the casale that you have will also make a difference. Is the case polished, are the gears and bearings in good shape? Oil changed often? What size HP were you running to it?
    To give you an idea, I just spent $2300 to have my v-drive gone through. It needed new 49% overdrive gears, bearings and some other stuff. Wilkes recommended changing the oil often to save the wear and tear on the gears and bearings. I'm also running a gentry system, where the boat has made numerous hard starts, so the gears were showing wear when I opened up the case to see what I had.
    Anyway - value will depend on the condition and what you have that meets the buyers needs. I would recommend that any used V-drive (or motor for that matter), be gone through and freshened up - that way you know what you have. Wilkes did my work for me, it felt smooth to me when I was installing the V-drive the other day. I'll know better when I get my motor installed next month and up and running. Seems like a lot, but the idea of puking gears through a casale case doesn't seem like much fun if the stuff comes apart. Just my thoughts though.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    About a year and a half ago I bought cousins Bobs 10 degree v-drive for $500. No whirlaway but it had an air shifter.

evol805
    I know it has less then 40 hrs, I'll have to look in the morn for any numbers or ratio. I had a 383 with about 400 h.p and it always ran smooth. Im also looking for any info on the boat, I've had people tell me it was rare becouse of the open bow with a v drive, I've seen others but always with a jet. So if anyone has info please post it. All the info and pics are on the link and no im not just spaming I do love the boat just not sure if its worth fixing. Thanks

evol805
    Cool thanks v drive. I've seen a few casale v drives for sale in the 400 to 600 range but not water cooled, just wondering if water cooled ones are worth anymore? Thanks

taylormanss
    did it destroy the cav plates?

taylormanss
    can you send me more pics to taylormanss@yahoo.com

75 spectra V-drive
    please post the specifics, I may be interested.
    Greg

evol805
    Tell me what numbers you need off it and I'll post them. Im an offshore guy, I don't know much about the v drive. I have a pic on the link, did you guys see it? Thanks

evol805
    I'll have info and out of the boat pics in about 30 min

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast