Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for a project boat?

evol805

hoolign
    3 posts and all spam! granted this is a perfect place to flog a boat, but this isnt the classifieds! And the sandbar isn't the spam section. If you were to take a few minutes and read the rules yoiu would know this, but since you didn't .... I doubt you are here for any other reason to sell your crap!

evol805
    Just trying to off my boat. To tell you the truth I was wondering about the worth of the v drive befor i started parting it out. Anyways I've always been told it was kinda a rare boat becouse of the open bow with a v drive. If anyone knows anything about it I'd like to hear from you. I might even keep it if it's worth fixing........Thanks

hoolign
    Just trying to off my boat. To tell you the truth I was wondering about the worth of the v drive befor i started parting it out. Anyways I've always been told it was kinda a rare boat becouse of the open bow with a v drive. If anyone knows anything about it I'd like to hear from you. I might even keep it if it's worth fixing........Thanks
    well that would have been a better thread! There's a pile of knowledge on this place! Post a ?? thread in V drive section and ask some questions about it.

HM
    That is a cool v-drive. Rare?...yes. Worth much? probably not. Cobra wasn't lighting the world on fire with their v-drives.
    How does that thing handle with the delta pad on the bottom? What kind of speeds? Doesn't look like it had any cavitation plates?

evol805
    That was my first thread!!!

No Name
    No but if I was I would probably be looking in the spam section and not in the focking sandbar.

evol805
    Boat handled good, It had hyd trim tabs but one got smashed when it was hit. boat did about 70 ish with the wind to your back, no cooler and one person. It was a fun boat but it's no race winner

HM
    Boat handled good, It had hyd trim tabs but one got smashed when it was hit. boat did about 70 ish with the wind to your back, no cooler and one person. It was a fun boat but it's no race winner
    Let me get this straight....:devil:
    You had a 383 SBC with roughly 400 HP on a 22.5 foot open bow boat that had an odd v-drive set-up that did 70 ish? How fast did it go when you weren't towing it with your car....you know...on the water?
    Evol805....do yourself a favor and don't post that info in the v-drive section if you want to be taken seriously. If I had to guess, and this is coming from someone who has owned 5 v-drives of which 2 were day cruisers with nice HP behind them...and 70 MPH is tough to come by in a big boat with a small block. If I had to guess, I would say you might have been running 50 MPH. Don't feel bad, my first v-drive had a speedo and it said 70+ MPH. Then I got a GPS and it turned out I was doing 45 MPH. Was still funny how I was faster than several 100 MPH jet boats...at 45 MPH.

evol805
    this is alot lighter then a day lounger bro. I have a 24 foot cc with a 225 that does 40 and it's made out of kevlar(boat is almost 5000#)my v drive is at least 25 to 30 mph faster. And by the way if you think im full of it about the cc then come look at the gps!!! It's all good maybe try my prop guy I'll give you his #

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast