Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glamis Thanksgiving week ? Question

Rock-it man
    It'll be crowded and not the best duning weekend. I'll be out from Wednesday afternoon until early Sunday. I'd be glad to take you out for a ride. Might not be the fastest ride, we usually tone it down a bit due to the crowded conditions. Funco just completed my new ride last week.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...SS2007-146.jpg
    What a great sand car !!!! Back in the 70's we had to build everything ourselves and spent a lot of time at the Oregon dunes VW's and frames built out of exhaust tubing .I remember great times and no crowed and no rules back then.
    Thanks for the offer for a ride, I am still healing from a neck problem and can't take a chance out there in the dunes.
    Looks like I will be comming through there from San Diego not Vegas. THinking of spending Thanksgiving with friends in San Diego and comming through there Fri and maybe spending one night there Fri and on to Vegas Sat. Are all the vendors on Gecho Rd . Where would you suggest I could spend one night there without getting stuck in the sand just to watch the crazy's.I will be in a 29 ft M2 Freightliner Totorhome. Where would I get a pass for one night .
    Thanks Wayne
    Liquid Technologies

bohica
    A buddy of mine owns the private campground right behind the Glamis Beach store and right next to vendors row. You'll be able to walk to the vendors area in just a few minutes. It's nothing fancy, just a fenced off area, all dry camping and for the most part all hard pack. I'm sure I can arrange for you to camp out there for the night. Send me a message when you know for sure what night and I'll send him you info and get you all set up.

riverroyal
    to put up 5000 miles of yellow tape to "reserve" a place to park.Bring earplugs also,and a lockable ice chest

nodigg
    Will be a Mammoth Wash! NO CROWDS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12