Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love whacking

Tom Brown
    I was out trimming up the weeds in the back alley when a neighbor came over and tapped me on the shoulder. "You're trimming Mrs. Smith's chard!"
    We have had several nights of frost since the first of September. It was looking pretty lousy and whithered. I figured it was fair game since it was between her back fence and the alley.
    ... so I went to talk to Mrs. Smith about the chard incident and she was some kind of pissed off. She served milk and apple pie with ice cream but no cheese on the side. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
    Now I'm on the neighborhood shit list.

Wet Dream
    What the hell is chard?

Tom Brown
    It's like a tattoo, except it grows in the ground and looks like a green leafy vegetable.

Cheap Thrills
    It's like a tattoo, except it grows in the ground and looks like a green leafy vegetable.
    Does it get you high ?
    T.

Tom Brown
    Does it get you high ?
    In a way, yes.
    If you boil the stems and leaves in water for about 15 minutes and then smother them in freshly churned whole fat farm butter, there is a euphoric feeling that lasts for the duration of the meal.

Tom Brown
    Don't you people have chard down there? Swiss chard?
    http://vegbox-recipes.co.uk/image-files/chard2.jpg

Cheap Thrills
    I don't know Tom I'm not a farmer. I thought you might have mowed down the old lady's Low Cut Bushed Out Purple Haze. Which kinda looks like a green leafy vegetable. Esp. if you smoke/eat enough of it.
    What kind of weed wacker did you settle on?
    T.

photo chick
    http://vegbox-recipes.co.uk/image-files/chard2.jpg
    Never heard of it before! In your first post I thought you were letting us know the person had an accent...as in yard...chard

CARLSON-JET
    Are you kidding... A green leafy plant making it past the lips of most americans.. :idea: Health comes in a pill these days.... brown
    Stir fried briefly, it's actually pretty good... I had it growing in my garden at the begginning of the year, but the stuff gets out of control fast. One invasive mofo of a veggy..

Tom Brown
    What kind of weed wacker did you settle on?
    The neighbor gave me his. It's a Poulan Pro and it seems to work well generally. It certainly starts like a dream and idles smoother than a 1 cylinder engine has a right to but the spool has some problems.
    When I'm trimming in close to something concrete or metal, it can tear off the string and I have to re-feed the string out the side holes in the spool head. It only takes a minute to do but it's a pain in the butt.
    I will replace the spool head if I can't find a Stihl somewhere local.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast