Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit Repair

HPBoats83
    Has anybody used any type of a credit repair agency? If so did they do what they said they were going to do? Are their any good ones out there or now that I have paid off everything bad, do I just have to wait for ever for it to fall off? Thanks in advance.
    James

Craig
    I think if you have the stuff paid off, it's just time now. Check your credit report and make sure there's nothing on it that you're not aware of. I had an old lein from the IRS from 1991 that was paid off in 1992. It was still on my report. I got it removed and my score went up almost a hundred points in a couple of months. Make sure open credit cards are no more than about 70% of your credit line.

totenhosen
    If you have a legitimate error on your credit report you can take care of it yourself by directly contacting each three of the credit bureaus. Otherwise those credit repair places are a scam.

topless
    Credit repair companies are pretty much all scams. Your credit will be worse after.

19Nordic76
    Those repair companies are scams. What ya can do is go to freecreditreport.com. Once a year you can get a FREE credit report from the three bureaus. One site and you will get all three. Check it over and make sure everything is YOURS! All 3 have online dispute a entry you dont think is yours. The one thing I did also was with some old bad entries on mine was to check the bad ones and tell them this is not my account. The credit bureaus send them a questionere and if they dont reply back they have to take it off your report. If they do reply then they wont take it off. Everything taken off makes your score go up. With the 3 reports you will also get your fico scores. With all the identity thefts its a good idea to atleast check your credit once a year. I do it twice a year, one free the other for about 20 bucks. Anywhoos jus my 2 cents
    Mark

hkunz
    As in almost anything, it depends. What is your goal? If you are looking to get your credit up rapidly to purchase a home, there are rather expensive credit repair agancies that will boost your credit through legal, but perhaps questionable means. Those agencies are running against time, as the credit shakeup is making thier methods no longer viable.
    Otherwise, if time is not an issue, just check your credit report line by line and call/write on each incorrect item. My x has terrible credit, she didn't pay off her car, and it showed up on MY report years after we were divorced. They'll take off stuff like that, but you have to find them and let the credti reporting agencies know.

C-2
    Before you do anything (including ordering your reports from freecreditrepoert.com, or annualcreditreport.com), do a search, we have discussed this several times in the past and there has been some good info put up.
    Also, do about a weeks worth of research to learn what to do, and what not to do. It's mind-boggling and a lot of info to absorb, but if you are premature and make mistakes, then you might not accomplish your goal.
    Be diligent in your research, and good luck
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/Discu...t-talk-3.html/

HPBoats83
    My goal for instance would be if I had some legitimate 30 day lates. Is there somebody or agency that could get those taken off? Basically I am just trying to clean up some past mistakes I have made.

msc5195
    My goal for instance would be if I had some legitimate 30 day lates. Is there somebody or agency that could get those taken off? Basically I am just trying to clean up some past mistakes I have made.
    YES THERE IS, IT IS CALLED "TIME"
    CREDIT REPAIR COMPANIES ARE SCAMS

totenhosen
    If its legimate than you should not be allowed or any one else to have them legally removed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast