Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Unions are good!!!

CornWater
    If people don't want there kids to be dumb, then spend the time with them doing their homework and explaining it to them if they don't understand. I don't blame the teachers unions for kids being dumb, I blame the parents, if the parents took a more active part in there kids education, they would not be dumb.
    So if the test scores are down, blame the parents? And if the scores are up, credit the union???

Jyruiz
    So if the test scores are down, blame the parents? And if the scores are up, credit the union???
    I never said that. I would credit the parents as much as the teachers for taking an active role in their kids education if test scores go up. The union does not teach or have the students in there homes to help them out. I am not pro or againts unions, I just fail to see how a union made test scores drop.

ThongMagnet
    "BINGO" We have a winner. Or a "FREAKIN" sticker that reads $50,000
    Toyota does not use unions...How much is a new Toyota (made in the united states), then look at an equal model Chevy. Who's fooling who? You a freaking idiots. Get educated before you open the pie hole:idea:
    I'm not a union member, and it is not available in what I do, but I can tell you its all about the share holder.
    The police can not strike, they use sick days. And they all are driving New SUV's and pulling nice toys. So Unions can work.

2Driver
    Be nice for once if a Union actually demanded something that made the company more competitive in the world market place like improving quality or technology. All they seem to do is go on strike to demand job security and keep the 37 year old plant from closing.
    It's not only near sighted and ancient thinking it’s a great going out of business strategy

Racey
    Toyota does not use unions...How much is a new Toyota (made in the united states), then look at an equal model Chevy. Who's fooling who? You a freaking idiots. Get educated before you open the pie hole:idea:
    I'm not a union member, and it is not available in what I do, but I can tell you its all about the share holder.
    The police can not strike, they use sick days. And they all are driving New SUV's and pulling nice toys. So Unions can work.
    I wasn't aware toyota made the suburban?!?
    Toyota may not use unions, but they are naturally forced to have competitive pay with FORD/GM/DODGE which are union. Tell the shareholders of GM it's all about them when their company is in the red and stocks are falling, why may you ask, I think we can all guess the answer from the title of this thread.
    For the record, IMO toyota doesnt make an equal model to any chevy car or truck....

YeLLowBoaT
    I wasn't aware toyota made the suburban?!?
    Toyota may not use unions, but they are naturally forced to have competitive pay with FORD/GM/DODGE which are union. Tell the shareholders of GM it's all about them when their company is in the red and stocks are falling, why may you ask, I think we can all guess the answer from the title of this thread.
    For the record, IMO toyota doesnt make an equal model to any chevy car or truck....
    actually the guys that work in the toyota plants are paid around 15 dallors less a hour.

RT21
    Unions served their purpose in the 40's and 50's when employees were exploided. State and Federal laws have been implemented to protect the worker, therefore the concept of the mighty union has lost it's steam.
    Just ask any grocery worker about the effectiveness of the strike in 2003. That was the sign of the times and union heads remain FAT, sitting in marble floored union halls, pulling up to work in luxury vehicles, to remind the poor, hard working laborer just how evil private enterprise is.
    Unions are like 8 track players. Sure they served their purpose, and we were proud to have one at the time. Now technology (and legislation) has become more advance and we are embarassed to admit we had one.
    The pro-union laborers of the world have been brainwashed by their fathers, and their father's father. They rank union membership right up there with Amercian patriotism and if you bad-mouth unions then you're a terrorist. So call me an asshole, it's rather fitting anyways.
    And we all know how helpful the government is.

Havasu1986
    Unions are like 8 track players. Sure they served their purpose, and we were proud to have one at the time. Now technology (and legislation) has become more advance and we are embarassed to admit we had one.
    call me an asshole, it's rather fitting anyways.
    Really...I started in the fire sprinkler business when there still were 8 tracks. And we still put the pipes in manually 1 pipe at a time. Now the engineering side has changed from hand drawn plans to cadd and even to 3D. You can't compare a grocery store union to a commercial union contractor.

HavaSkank
    And we all know how helpful the government is.
    We have OSHA, child labor laws, mandatory work comp insurance and the PHOCKING ERA. Employers have their balls in a vice grip with government involvement in basic business operations.
    We have Big Brother watching over us. Unions are the equivalent to that short, skinny, white guy that stands behind the 7 ft tall, 300 lb black, bald headed bouncer threatening to kick your ass.

HavaSkank
    You can't compare a grocery store union to a commercial union contractor.
    Tell that to a grocery clerk who feels just as passionate about his/her union membership. I thought all union employees stood united? You know, that "I dont cross the picket line" mentality. So are you telling me there's a ranking system within this mafia? Interesting :idea:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast