Thread: Leaky Casale

snake321
    How do I get the drive apart?? I have the bolts out, unbolted the coupling which doesn't want to come apart. There's a new gasket on the front half and I have the new rear gasket.

How do I get the drive apart?? I have the bolts out, unbolted the coupling which doesn't want to come apart. There's a new gasket on the front half and I have the new rear gasket.
    The coupler will have a couple threaded holes that you put a couple bolts in to "spread" it and slide the shaft out.
    To get the cases apart pull the top cap and use a top bearing puller (http://www.rexmar.com/page132.html)to remove the top bearing. Then there's a jack screw in the center of the bottom cap to use for pulling the case half.
    There may be some planetary factors I'm not aware of but that's how I've always done it.

snake321
    Thank you much Rex.
    I'll go give it a shot

you can get the exploded views of a casale 10 degree v-drive by goggling, I have found good info this way, also some folks on the boards have done some info on rebuilds, Gofastracer (Art) has posted good info before.
    Art has this link (http://www.v-driveboat.com/showthrea...&pagenumber=28)in the tech links thread in Gear Heads too.

"The Bandit"
    give me a call & i'd glad towalk you threw it. THERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT STEPS not only comin apart goin together too. ANDY 4-7 pm calif time. 530 633 9055 hope i can help

FlatRat
    Whoa,
    make sure you document everything.A digital camera will do the trick.Shims,spacers are all realitive.When I did my first one I threw it all in pile.Bad move.Check out Arts tech. page.I'll save ya a lota e xtra thinkin'