Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: USC Fans.

THOR
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Same song and dance every year.
    Fair enough. Why not root for UCLA? SDSU? Fresno State? Those are all west coast teams. Any particular reason USC? Just curious why you and MBrown claim USC as 'your' team.
    Please hang up the phone with TrojanDan. He will show up here shortly.

River Lynchmob
    I am not saying that in the least here. But, associating yourselves with any team and calling it "my" team is completely random and makes little sense. Auburn a cellar dwellar? You wish. Auburn (and other teams) have been playing ball for more years than "your" school has been in existance. I only hope you could make it down to the south for a game or two to see what tradition and honor means. I cant explain it to you because you just dont have it here on the west coast. Trust me, I am a big west coast supporter, but you all are blinded by the shadow of the bandwagon.
    Lets look at tradition...
    First game
    USC: 1888
    Auburn: 1892
    National Championships
    USC: 11
    Auburn: 1
    Conference titles
    USC: 36
    Auburn: 10
    Heisman winners
    USC: 7
    Auburn: 1
    All Americans
    USC: 144
    Auburn: 62
    Know your facts before you talk about whos been playing what longser and the tradition. :idea:
    I will give you that the team support in the SEC is better than the west coast by far, but we do have tradition out here as well.

mbrown2
    Fair enough. Why not root for UCLA? SDSU? Fresno State? Those are all west coast teams. Any particular reason USC? Just curious why you and MBrown claim USC as 'your' team.
    LOL....I like that last line!
    Actually I do root for UCLA except when they play SC...and had to root for SC when they suxd for so many years.......I also like to see Fresno State do well.....I always like to root for the local talent.
    More ironic as since we have been jabbing at each other for the last several years I try and root for Auburn when I get them see them play....got Direct Gameplan just so I could see more east coast games as I have not had the chance to see any in person......That whole Tenn vibe where you get to boat in and see the game and boat out just seems like something the folks on this forum would really be into.
    As boating season comes to end, I love these forums for at the least the football joking banter we get going
    Since moving to AZ I am starting to root for AZ teams....so call me a bandwagonner cause I try and support the local teams....I will continue to root for the teams I always have...SC, and the Lakers...(unless they don't get their $hit together then I am off that wagon)...but I have been trying on some cool SUNS hats lately!

THOR
    Lets look at tradition...
    I will give you that the team support in the SEC is better than the west coast by far, but we do have tradition out here as well.
    Fairly accurate but not exactly correctly. Alabama Polytechnical Institute was first established to provide school to the families of the civil war soldiers back in the mid 1800's. Then the name was change to Auburn University. Thus, sports began then too for the school and its affiliates.
    Again, a little more heritage and tradition than you know of.

THOR
    LOL....I like that last line!
    Actually I do root for UCLA except when they play SC...and had to root for SC when they suxd for so many years.......I also like to see Fresno State do well.....I always like to root for the local talent.
    More ironic as since we have been jabbing at each other for the last several years I try and root for Auburn when I get them see them play....got Direct Gameplan just so I could see more east coast games as I have not had the chance to see any in person......That whole Tenn vibe where you get to boat in and see the game and boat out just seems like something the folks on this forum would really be into.
    As boating season comes to end, I love these forums for at the least the football joking banter we get going
    Since moving to AZ I am starting to root for AZ teams....so call me a bandwagonner cause I try and support the local teams....I will continue to root for the teams I always have...SC, and the Lakers...(unless they don't get their $hit together then I am off that wagon)...but I have been trying on some cool SUNS hats lately!
    I agree. The bantering is awesome. SWBob and I go back and forth to no end. I love this crap with all of you except when some people (not you) get butt hurt and start calling the school 'my' school. The only real thing that gets me going is how some say "we" kicked the shit out of you. WTF? Who is we? I went to Auburn and still dont say we like I had anything to do with it. I never played college football.
    SUNS? Not the Indians? LMAO

DeltaSigBoater
    Good news-Your local High School team, Huntington Beach Edison, is a winner.
    There are 4 High Schools in Huntington Beach;
    Huntington Beach, Marina, Edison, & Ocean View

mbrown2
    Fairly accurate but not exactly correctly. Alabama Polytechnical Institute was first established to provide school to the families of the civil war soldiers back in the mid 1800's. Then the name was change to Auburn University. Thus, sports began then too for the school and its affiliates.
    Again, a little more heritage and tradition than you know of.
    Civil War? Did'nt they lose that one too? Boy they have been losing a long time..
    Still wondering what the Indians meant?....I already got DBacks Wagon hats..

Lavey5150
    Some how I think you are right about the last one in seeing who is the best. I just hope USC does not cry about a dual Championship again like in 2003.....
    That will never happen again...Fight On....................

socalmofo
    I actually looked at the polls last week and saw USC was #1 so I decided that was my new team.:idea: I actually have been a fan for a long time. I just don't express it loudly anymore, everytime you say you are a USC fan someone like yourself who is a fan of another school, who can't get it together, seems to think USC fans are only bandwagon fans. USC couldn't possibly have some true fans
    Why are you always hung up on the S.E.C.? Is that what a fan does when they're team is average at best, they become a fan of the conference? It's sad when you have to justify why your team is so mediocre by telling everyone how good the conference is.

mbrown2
    Shows you what happens when you play a tough out of conference schedule.
    ROTFLMAO....

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast