Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack plate problems

wntitall
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction? My jackplate will not raise. Yes, I know it is a stupid question, but I have never owned an outboard before... Heck if someon wil kindly post a pick for me, I will share with ya(The New RIDE!!!)
    thanks,
    scott

BP1330
    Can you hear the pump trying to run? Or is just nothing happening?

wntitall
    absolutely nothing happening

TIMEBOMB
    What type of jack plate is it (brand)? How old is the boat? Later Gary

wntitall
    gary,
    land & sea, aprox 12 years old

TIMEBOMB
    Try this. Email your problem to sales@land-and-sea.com or call the tech line monday thru friday 603-329-5645. Hope it helps. Gary

BP1330
    If nothing is happening its probably electrical. The pump isnt getting power. Recheck how you have it wired.

Kim Hanson
    I just had mine redone, all it would do is click under the dash...motor fryed........( . )( . )....cheap fix though! wink
    [ June 29, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

nhbuoy
    HEY WNTITALL...MOST Land & Sea jackplates have 2 relays AND a red RESET button in the wiring harness/loom...The wiring for it is bundled and is a "stand-alone" set up...Start at the battery, and follow the wires forward...You SHOULD come upon them (relays & red reset button) about 3 feet from the battery...Press the reset & check for corrosion at the 2 relays & with a little luck it will come to life...Land & Sea jackplates are a tad slower than some, but I have one on my boat that is now 16 years old & still works/holds/stabilizes like new...If THIS doesn't work call the number TIMEBOMB gave you,(603-329-5645) & ask for Dick...If he can't help you, he will get you in touch with someone there that can...GOOD LUCK...L & S is pretty good/rugged stuff...

wntitall
    Thanks to all of you for the info, I truly aaaaprreciate it. Nhbuoy I will try that tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast