Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MAVERICKS in Norco...Saturday Night!!!

Totally IncapASSitated
    For any of you HB peeps who are out here in the IE and not cool enough to party with the Huntington crew (damn OCer's) Saturday night....some friends and I will be heading over to Mavericks for some moonshine, cow tipping and of course the biggest belt buckle contest!!!!

topless
    For any of you HB peeps who are out here in the IE and not cool enough to party with the Huntington crew (damn OCer's) Saturday night....some friends and I will be heading over to Mavericks for some moonshine, cow tipping and of course the biggest belt buckle contest!!!!What about the spitting contest?

Her454
    For any of you HB peeps who are out here in the IE and not cool enough to party with the Huntington crew (damn OCer's) Saturday night....some friends and I will be heading over to Mavericks for some moonshine, cow tipping and of course the biggest belt buckle contest!!!!
    You know what they say about the guy with the biggest belt buckle

riverbound
    Hey now......All my parties are open invite ALL people are welcome (including 909 and 951ers)

Totally IncapASSitated
    What about the spitting contest?
    Figured that was a given!!! LOL

Totally IncapASSitated
    Hey now......All my parties are open invite ALL people are welcome (including 909 and 951ers)
    I know...just giving you all a hard time...figure I would add some fuel to fire the ongoing OC vs. IE battle
    One of these days I'll drive my lazy ass in that way to hit up one of your parties!!

disco_charger
    Heard a rumor yesterday that Mavericks is done. The City Council is going to shut them down? Something about they may only be open for another 2 weeks.

riverbound
    I know...just giving you all a hard time...figure I would add some fuel to fire the ongoing OC vs. IE battleOne of these days I'll drive my lazy ass in that way to hit up one of your parties!!
    There is no battle...everyone clearly knows which one is better
    River---used to be 909'er---bound

topless
    Heard a rumor yesterday that Mavericks is done. The City Council is going to shut them down? Something about they may only be open for another 2 weeks.Yep it's true
    NORCO - City leaders took steps Wednesday night toward closing down one of Norco's most popular and equally notorious businesses.
    Silvia Flores / The Press-Enterprise
    Maverick Steakhouse owner Rob Koziel talks the day after a Dec. 4 fight involving a toy drive and Hells Angels and Mongols biker clubs. On Wednesday, about a dozen supporters of the steakhouse came to Norco City Hall to defend Koziel.
    The owner of Maverick Steakhouse has a little more than a month to save his business before the Planning Commission votes to close it or to place restrictions on it. The city's action follows a shooting during a toy drive at the restaurant Dec. 4.
    The commission voted unanimously to hold a hearing Jan. 25 to consider the matter.
    City leaders' comments at Wednesday's Planning Commission meeting made it apparent that Maverick owner Rob Koziel has his work cut out for him.
    Over the past year, Riverside County sheriff's deputies were called to the restaurant and bar 45 times, Planning Director Jim Daniels told the commission. Additionally, neighbors have continually complained about fights and illicit activities in the parking lot, he said.
    There also has been a series of violations and unauthorized events at the bar, including alcohol sales to minors, a wet T-shirt contest, a lingerie show and last week's toy drive sponsored by a motorcycle gang, Daniels said.
    The toy drive ended in a shooting in which three people, including a Norco firefighter, were wounded and had to be hospitalized. For people in the community who have long objected to the restaurant, the shooting was cause for official action.
    However, about a dozen Maverick supporters showed up at City Hall on Wednesday to support Koziel.
    "It's just a good country-western place, somewhere for the young people to go," Maverick patron Ronald Hermanson said. "All Rob is asking for is to be treated equally, like everyone else."
    Koziel and his supporters asked city officials to compare Maverick with other bars in Norco before making a decision. Koziel denied ever holding a lingerie show.
    He also said the city has never cited his business for any violations, including the wet T-shirt contest.
    Koziel, who is president of the Norco Chamber of Commerce, acknowledged that he has had problems in the past with an unwelcome motorcycle club, which accounts for the large number of police calls.
    However, that problem is in the past, he said.
    Last week's Spark of Love toy drive was sponsored by the Hessians and attended by more than 20 motorcycle clubs, including groups identified by law-enforcement officials as outlaw biker gangs.
    Witnesses said the shooting began after a fight broke out between members of rival gangs, the Mongols and the Hells Angels.
    According to Koziel, restaurant security cameras captured the shooters gathering across the street, waiting for a chance to strike.
    The last Sheriff's Department patrol car had just left, and the firefighters were preparing to leave with a truckful of toys, when the shooters opened fire, he said.
    Though Sheriff's Department officials believe the shooting was linked to the toy drive and not to the restaurant, the shooting was the catalyst for an effort to close the restaurant. Neighbors say Maverick attracts troublemakers.
    "If someone is running any kind of business that is contrary to public safety, health or welfare, then the operating permit can be revoked," Daniels explained to Koziel.

slink
    I've got an extra bullet proof vest you can borrow for the night

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast