Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New guy wants jet boat!

aqua
    Hey all. Been around water and boats all of my life but after snooping around on here and watching a few vids I am thinking that a jet boat might be in my future. Are there any tips that I need to keep in mind while looking. Motors? Pumps? Hulls? We have a 60mph bassboat now and I have ridden in others 60mph boats so if possible I would like to push that limit just a bit. What would be farely quick, reliable yet as affordable as possible.

No Panther's. Sorry Guys Couldn't Resist. Let The Opinions Roll...

aqua
    No Panther's. Sorry Guys Couldn't Resist. Let The Opinions Roll...
    that is kinda what i have gathered from my readings on here. why is the berkeley preffered over the panther's and jacuzzi's.
    hull wise....i am thinking a closed bow large enough to hold 4 people.
    what kind of hp am I going to need to push 65 or more mph. are the 455's really that bad to run high rpm's for extended periods.
    thanks again

first off where are you located at? second what are you looking to spend any ballpark price?:idea:

1968Droptop
    ........what kind of hp am I going to need to push 65 or more mph. are the 455's really that bad to run high rpm's for extended periods.
    thanks again
    HP requirments will depend on the hull. But 65-70 isn't that hard to get out of most hulls with today's engine tech. What your looking to spend will affect peoples opinions on what to buy. 4 peeps will most likely require a 19' or larger.
    And yes, the 455's are that bad in stock to moderate form if you want to push the speed. You need to spend the $$$ to make 'em live at extended high rpm's. I'd go Ford personally (little biased here ), but a Chevy is still better in the long run than a 455 Old's.

BOOGEYMAN
    Aqua.....I have a 20 ft sleekcraft tunnel V with a 502 and a berk, seats 4 and a cooler, runs on pump gas all day and does 72-74 on gps.
    Pm me for details if interested.
    Travis

DeltaSigBoater
    No 455s, Mopars, or AMCs - Go w/ BBC or BBF
    No Panther Pumps, Jacuzzi isnt bad, Berkeley is better
    No Fractional Stringers - Full Length Stringers
    just my $.02

Hey BoogEYman If Your Sellin, What Are You Going To Buy? Another Modified, Or Just Need Another Dragster? Haha . Just Curious. He Is Askin Whats The Best. Aqua , My Boat May Be For Sale?

pw_Tony
    No 455s, Mopars, or AMCs - Go w/ BBC or BBF
    No Panther Pumps, Jacuzzi isnt bad, Berkeley is better
    No Fractional Stringers - Full Length Stringers
    just my $.02
    I will take a mopar over a Chevy or Ford anyday

aqua
    first off where are you located at? second what are you looking to spend any ballpark price?:idea:
    in missouri. can i get what i am looking for for under 4K? my other hobbies take most of what ive got.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast