Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice please-- Protection orders

Magic34
    Question for any who may know.
    There is a guy who had worked with us for a number of years. He has been self destructing for the past few years and recently walked away from his income stream with us. I have a lawsuit I could file on him tomorrow, however we dont want to waste time or energy. I took the path of just ignoring him.
    He has sent me an email that is vague when it comes to threat however I feel it could be intrepreted as a little threatening. The reason this concerns me is that the guy really has nothing in terms of family or even many assets (motorcyle and a truck). No house, no land, etc. Another concern of mine.
    In this email, he used words like telling me "he will not allow me" and "I have 24 hours to respond" and then his last sentence is that "the clock is ticking and the ball is in my court."
    Now normally I would just shrug these off. However in this case, he knows what neighborhood I live in. He has also shown signs of emotinally instability in the recent months. In my opinion, he has some anger issues.
    So my question is... Is there remotely enough to gain a order of protection against him? I think there would be a 25% chance of him really going off the deep end and trying to come to my house. I am not really concerned with my personal well-being, however the thought of that idiot trying something to my family puts me in a rage. I have to play this with a very level head though.
    Any advice?

BILLET
    I think the first order of business would be to contact the local police, next I would most definitely try to get a restraining order. As for the lawsuit against him, if he has nothing to take then you are just going to spend alot of money to take him to court, and get nothing from it.
    Also if you get a restraining order it may also include a non contact phrase, meaning if he calls you or emails or sends a letter he is in violation of the order and will be arrested.
    Good Luck Billet

WetWillie
    Have you been calling him names to??

caroftheweek
    did you buy that gun you were talking about a while back?
    in all seriousness, that is a scary situation especially with the family involved. I have no advice other than keep us posted.

Magic34
    Have you been calling him names to??
    Nope, set the guy to ignore in my mind and that in turn made it worse I guess.

Magic34
    And yes, he has nothing to take in a lawsuit. When you have nothing really to lose, what do you care what people try to take?

YeLLowBoaT
    And yes, he has nothing to take in a lawsuit. When you have nothing really to lose, what do you care what people try to take?
    But the lawsuit might just give you some ammo for getting that order of protection.

Magic34
    did you buy that gun you were talking about a while back?
    No. I have been cut off from spending a dime until the dually goes away.

squirt'nmyload
    my advice is to have a big BBQ and invite all of us over in 22 hours. then we can wait for this scumbags move upon the expiration of your 24 hour deadline

caroftheweek
    No. I have been cut off from spending a dime until the dually goes away.
    Wives will do that from time to time

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast