Thread: Phoenix F1/ Champboat race CANCELLED!!

Sunburnt
    Doesn't that suck! I just got off the phone with Firebird.
    The Parker Enduro is still on for October 20 altho the pre-registration list seems small.
    IHBA drags still on for Firebird on Nov. 15 - 18.
    Sorry for the double post... dunno what happened??
    Jeff

Havasu Carrera
    Intentionally!!!! I gott know?!?!!!! Everything you know about that boat in your avatar!!! I HAVE ONE TO!!!!!! PM me call me???? Those are the coolest!!! I bought one at the first site of it!!! 61 fast cat right?

Sunburnt
    Hi Hav,
    I sent you a PM. It's a 1960 PowerCat 15C.. It was built in Bellflower CA.
    Jeff
    http://www.powercatboat.com/Group/JBowman/jb301.jpg

squirt'nmyload
    Intentionally!!!! I gott know?!?!!!! Everything you know about that boat in your avatar!!! I HAVE ONE TO!!!!!! PM me call me???? Those are the coolest!!! I bought one at the first site of it!!! 61 fast cat right?
    lmao....thread hijack.....how was sunday? ...oh, and F firebird

dc96819
    Thats a cool looking boat

vishus
    Jeff,
    Charlie Allen screwed with Champ and made the race impossible. They originally negotiated a price for the race. When the contract came through, the price was per day, not for the 3 day event. Champ was still willing to pay the rate, but in the end a "sports drink" sponsor ($$ that made the race viable) was not allowed to have their name included in any advertising at the race or have any representation at all. IT would conflict with the drink vendor for Firebird... So with a tripling of the price to put on the event, and the loss of $ponsor money, NO RACE.
    The city of Tempe (Town Lake) wants more time to figure out what to do, there were too rushed this year to make it happen. It looks like it will be a good chance that it will be run next October in TEMPE!!!
    sid

Sunburnt
    Thanks Sid,
    Sounds like Firebird (and or their local sponsor) screwed the pooch on that one. With the limited number of events they have you would think they would bend over backwards when they have the chance to run a professional, potentially big time event!!
    It's certainly a loss for the Valley....
    Fingers are crossed that Tempe can get their act together for next year!!
    Jeff

That really sucks about Firebird messing with the Champ race.
    I can only think of good things if any boat race could happen at Tempe Town Lake. The water should be good even with the steep sides. It has high exposure with the location. With ASU next door the scenery would be unreal. Let's hope they get it together for next year.

Jerrys59
    I think it sucks that the Champ Boats don't run at Parker anymore.

fc-pilot
    Leave it to Cheap Charlie to screw things up. After putting up with his CRAP for about ten years our race team decided to never go back. That is the best decision our team has ever made.
    Paul