Thread: Towing with a Hoe!

brwn234
    A Chevy Tahoe that is. It's time to upgrade my truck. I was thinking of a crew cab short bed chevy 1500hd or 2500. But the wife wants a tahoe with more cabin area which would be more comfortable. Who tows with a tahoe? What are you towing and how well does it do? I would kinda rather have a longer wheel base, but if it does it well it wont matter. The boat doesnt weigh all that much. It's a Donzi 22ZX on an alluminum tandem trailer, around 5000lbs loaded up. Will I regret buying the tahoe over the silverado? I'm anti suburban, I just dont need all that room.

sigepmock
    A Chevy Tahoe that is. It's time to upgrade my truck. I was thinking of a crew cab short bed chevy 1500hd or 2500. But the wife wants a tahoe with more cabin area which would be more comfortable. Who tows with a tahoe? What are you towing and how well does it do? I would kinda rather have a longer wheel base, but if it does it well it wont matter. The boat doesnt weigh all that much. It's a Donzi 22ZX on an alluminum tandem trailer, around 5000lbs loaded up. Will I regret buying the tahoe over the silverado? I'm anti suburban, I just dont need all that room.
    We have on 06 Tahoe LT with 5.3L and towed our old 21 foot Ultra back from Havasu with it once. It did ok but not great. The Tahoe has coil spring rear end and I had to add the helper air bags that go inside the springs to keep the rear from sagging. 5,000lbs should not be too bad for the Tahoe but it's too much if you plan to tow a lot. Around town, from the house to launch it does great. We've even towed the new boat with it to the ramp and it did ok. If you plan to do some towing I'd op for the 4.11 rear-end and plan on adding a tuner and a larger tranny cooler.
    I am of the opinion that you can never have too much tow vehicle so I'd op for the 1500HD crew cab with a bed cover. I will say that the Tahoe rides a ton better than my 2500HD.
    CHris