Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No Rhino for me, but I have a trailer

Magic34
    So the moral of the story is; if he had his RHINO, he would have hooked it up and pulled the focker out! :220v:
    Ive heard more than a few of these stories! :crossx:
    You need a Rhino now!
    HDD :rollside:
    OK..... 11k truck...... 18k trailer..... 1000 pound Rhino????
    I don't see it happening. You should have seen the wheels of the Dodge spinning. I thought I was stuck there for good at one point.
    If someone wants to try and pull me with a Rhino, I'll go get stuck again just to see this happen. I'm pretty damn good at getting stuck now. Need to leave the wife behind though. She doesn't enjoy the stuck part.

79 HUSTLER
    My thanksgiving at glamis sounded the same. I have a 4x4 F-250 only on 33's pulling an 11,000# tag trailer. Got stuck on the canal road on the way in, only took an hour to get out. Found another spot. Go to leave first thing in the morning Sunday to beat traffic and was stuck. Spent 4 hours and three big ass trucks to pull us out. Because of leaving late it took 11 hours to get home instead of the 4 that it should have...
    I'm in the same boat as you with the bigger truck, I take delivery of my F-650 on Friday. Bigazz truck with all the power you need but no 4x4. At least if heads to Manning in Texas for the 4x4 in Feb. You should look into converting to 4x4 before thinking of selling. Although for the price of the 4x4 you can just by another truck that does have 4x4. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Magic34
    My thanksgiving at glamis sounded the same. I have a 4x4 F-250 only on 33's pulling an 11,000# tag trailer. Got stuck on the canal road on the way in, only took an hour to get out. Found another spot. Go to leave first thing in the morning Sunday to beat traffic and was stuck. Spent 4 hours and three big ass trucks to pull us out. Because of leaving late it took 11 hours to get home instead of the 4 that it should have...
    I'm in the same boat as you with the bigger truck, I take delivery of my F-650 on Friday. Bigazz truck with all the power you need but no 4x4. At least if heads to Manning in Texas for the 4x4 in Feb. You should look into converting to 4x4 before thinking of selling. Although for the price of the 4x4 you can just by another truck that does have 4x4. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Already did that. Every bit of $10k on the conversion calling in favors to a few suppliers. More likely around $14k for a custom setup not using that military style axle.
    If it was $5k or under I'd be all over it. I'd rather take a hit on the truck over $5k than install 4x4 due to the cost. I'm not putting $100k in this truck. Good luck with the F650. I can tell you this.... As long as you stay above 22 MPH or so, you should be OK. I made it through some soft stuff and a sharp turn but stay on the gas hard. I thought in that U-turn near camp was going to bury me, but I gassed it all the way and it pulled out. I was floored a few times and it pulled itself out. Getting rolling is my issue. Once rolling, I am fairly confident that I can make it most place. Getting started just SUCKS!!!
    I don't know where you are located, but Custom Motorsports is doing a lot of those F650 4x4 conversions. They are in Riverside. They can also work some wonders with the suspension to make it ride better.

Dave C
    moral of the story..... when all else fails, GAS IT.
    temperence is for old people

riverroyal
    OK..... 11k truck...... 18k trailer..... 1000 pound Rhino????
    I don't see it happening. You should have seen the wheels of the Dodge spinning. I thought I was stuck there for good at one point.
    If someone wants to try and pull me with a Rhino, I'll go get stuck again just to see this happen. I'm pretty damn good at getting stuck now. Need to leave the wife behind though. She doesn't enjoy the stuck part.
    that wet or dry????Mines 11500 dry,my guess is 14000 loaded,18k is alot!Dont drive next to me on the I-8!

Magic34
    that wet or dry????Mines 11500 dry,my guess is 14000 loaded,18k is alot!Dont drive next to me on the I-8!
    They say 18k is max. I figure I am pulling around 16.5k.
    You guys comig for New Years? We'll have minimium 6 trailers or up to 16 trailers if everyone comes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234