Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does it hurt your feelings..........

Nord
    When your boat brand gets bashed all of the time?? I personally am not one to bash another person's mark. However I see it all of the time here on the boards. Just wondering what the effects are of this. I have an Eliminator. Probably bad things to say there, however I could give a rats. I usually let things bounce right off of me.
    There are 3 brand names of boats that always seam to be the target. Do you guys as owners really care? Have you ever called your boat's maker, and asked if the statements were true??
    Just curious.....................
    ~NORD~

Havasu Hangin'
    Nope.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...garette_AD.jpg

PS- Eliminator = A Bayliner with an Earl Scheib Paint job

Cheap Thrills
    Nord I have a 40 year old POS kinda hard to badmouth it any further than that One mans trash is another man's treasure. If you like what you have and it works for you who cares what others think. Getting worked up over other peoples opinions is entirely a waste of time.
    T.

Cheap Thrills
    I don't have to worry about it, I drive a Bayliner
    You're in worse shape than I am
    T.

CornWater
    I don't have to worry about it, I drive a Bayliner
    I don't have to worry about it either, I don't have feelings....

DeltaSigBoater
    Start talking crap about my boat, and I'll right along side you. I know my boat is no Schiada. It looks good from afar, but its far from good. When you get in and start looking around you see that how "quiclky" it was built. To my knowledge Marlin only built 5 boats of the model I have!

boats&bars
    I had a guy in a 05 commander last summer talk shit for a good half hour about my Daycruiser and when his rant was over, he said his boat only had 2 faded spots on his gelcoat and his boat was 1 year old. I replyed that my interior may be dirty and old. but I would love to see his boat when it was 30 years old. he shut his mouth when i told him mine was a 1977, he said wow thats really clean for a 77 . I nicely told him you are a dumb_uck . enjoy your $500 dollar payments for the next 20 years. he hung his head and left.

beaverretriever
    LOL, mine was called a wanna be Skater by a member on here(Skater doesn't even make a version of my boat any longer) . Not bad. At least it wasn't called a wanna be Maxim or Bayliner (btw, not bad boats just not a Skater). To even compare my boat to a Skater is a compliment if you ask me.
    I guess that really doesn't bother me, because it makes no sence.
    I did own a Lightning, and the boat wasn't bashed as much as was the owners. People did say a few negative things about Lightning but ours was really great.

Zaairman
    When's the last time you heard of somebody making fun of a Tahiti? :idea:

waterboy1
    first of all lets do the math shall we.... 2007 minus 1971 = 36 years old not 40. and im sure you all have great boats. its like sayn chevy or ford. that question will transcend all time. i was just wondering what the consensus of the makers were. Ultra or Commander?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast