Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: hot boat the magazine

jetboat
    was just wondering why with so many people on 'just jets" and "v- drives" yet hardley any on the large boat suite?the magazine does it one better, its all about the large ones and only a couple pages for the jets or v- drives!sure there great to see, but there one of the most " for sale" boats on this suite.seams only fair we get our share of coverage. even when they (hot boat)asked this summer for a photo shoot,most were, yap,jets and v-drives.iam not in any way trying to rag on the magazine,just think they should be spread the coverage.even the covers have the big ones.whats your thoughts?

Sleeper CP
    There's a Hot Boat magazine?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

GAWnCA
    There's a Hot Boat magazine?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    If you like reading about boats that are 30+ feet long and $250K price tags.

IMPATIENT 1
    the companies that make the 100k+ boats pay for most of the ads in the mag ya don't bite the hand that feeds.

GAWnCA
    If that's the case, maybe they should reduce the price of the subscriptions since they are only going to cover advertiser's products. Let them pick up the slack. I thought this would be like Hot Rod magazine, with a name like Hot Boats

diverjet
    I can see your point about who pay's the most . Money talks an bull$hit walks! If the larger number be jet an drives and wackers then why does'nt the numbers stress the point . When they started it was the theme thats what is an hot boat .yes the big monsters are sweeeeeet but I love the way my little jet runs off and leaves 'm:devil: put the pedal to the floor and say byby

El Prosecutor
    the companies that make the 100k+ boats pay for most of the ads in the mag ya don't bite the hand that feeds. Wisdom there.

GAWnCA
    Wisdom there.
    AND there are more Ads that articles! Hell they should pay us to take the mag. :devil:

QuickJet
    the companies that make the 100k+ boats pay for most of the ads in the mag ya don't bite the hand that feeds.
    That "hand" is feeding them because they cater to the big boat crowd. If Hot Boat changed back to it roots with hands on tech articles and covered boats that we actually cared about, the advertisers would follow. Yes they would loose a percentage of the advertising they sell now, however they would pick up as much if not more from the new advertisers.

GAWnCA
    From what I see in those ads for BIG BOATS mostly just sales pitch advertisements. How many does anyone actually see out on the water. Now compare that to the number of small hot boats.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast