Thread: Walk for Lupus

Partycattin
    In 2003 my wife was diagnosed with Lupus. Then in 2005 she was diagnosed with Kidney Disease related to Lupus.
    She will be participating in the Walk For Lupus on November 4th in Long Beach and is looking for sponsors. All money raised will go towards Lupus awareness and research. This walk is similar to the Relay for Life that the Cancer Society organizes.
    Any support would be appreciated.
    https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...upid=189335451
    Thanks,
    Jayson

hotsand65
    First time I have ever seen this. I lost my mom to lupus. I can't be a sponsor but would love to walk for it.

ELVIS
    My wife has lupus as well, and has effected her organs as well. we live in murrieta and just did a lupus walk in La Mirada for lupus international. she also runs a lupus support group for lupus foundation of america. were hoping to make the long beach walk as well. good luck with your fundraising and God bless your family.

Partycattin
    First time I have ever seen this. I lost my mom to lupus. I can't be a sponsor but would love to walk for it.
    Sorry about your mom.
    Lupus is a disease that not many are aware of. I think because of the lack of awareness, often people are misdiagnosed.
    This walk is a great opportunity to increase awareness and gain some momentum in the area of research.
    If you are interested in walking, you can click on the link above and sign up.
    Thanks again.
    Jayson

Partycattin
    My wife has lupus as well, and has effected her organs as well. we live in murrieta and just did a lupus walk in La Mirada for lupus international. she also runs a lupus support group for lupus foundation of america. were hoping to make the long beach walk as well. good luck with your fundraising and God bless your family.
    My wife is an "unofficial" support group. It's surprising the number of people she has met or knew that have Lupus. A while back she was at the Dr's office and the nurse had just been diagnosed. She found out my wife also had Lupus and had a bunch of questions. The lady was pretty freaked out because she had been surfing the net. My wife was a 1 on 1 support in that situation. She has a lot of energy which helps others stay positive.
    Let us know if you'll be walking at the Long Beach event.

hotsand65
    Sorry about your mom.
    Lupus is a disease that not many are aware of. I think because of the lack of awareness, often people are misdiagnosed.
    This walk is a great opportunity to increase awareness and gain some momentum in the area of research.
    If you are interested in walking, you can click on the link above and sign up.
    Thanks again.
    Jayson
    Your right about the misdiagnosis, they told my mom that she was clinically depressed. After 3 years of fighting, she finally got SS and 3 years of back payment from the very first time she applied. It is very serious and needs to be brought to the front burner. If you ever have any questions let me know. She went in for her final surgery (blood clots in the lungs) and didn't make it through. But had she had the proper care she would be here today. I hate doctors. I did donate and will try to get some friends to reach your goal!!

Partycattin
    Thanks to the ***boat family for your support. My wife (Erin) was able to raise over $2500. Her initial goal was $1000. The walk is later this morning in Long Beach.
    I appreciate everyone's help!
    Jayson