Thread: Mystery Boat

Whole Lotta Nothin'
    Hi everyone, I just picked a an old boat that I am in the process of bringing back to life. It needs a new floor and a new stringer, but that is about it structurally. Problem is, when I bought the boat, the previous owner could not tell me what it was, so I am hoping you guys can help. Let me know if you have any ideas of what it might be! It is a V-hull, and measures 15'10" overall. There is no HIN, so it is probably from before they started all that. Also, does anyone have any HP recommendations for this boat. I am hoping to use 150hp, but maybe that is too much. I dunno, thanks for any info! Here is the link:
    web page

bilgewiper
    Looks like an Cee Bee Avenger to me. I used to ski behind a friends boat like that years ago. It had a 6cyl inline 135hp Mercury. Ran about 52-54 MPH with a "speed prop", that was before the advent of GPS so who knows really what it was doing.
    [ July 11, 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: bilgewiper ]

bilgewiper
    Oh yea, another buddy of mine had that same hull with a 150 Merc inline (who owned it before I knew him.....he told me this story) who was probably drinking too much out by himself, and was sitting on the top of the seat back while cruising about 20mph...he hit wave and accidentally fell overbord.......boat went on without him and ran up a levee with prop out of water reving to unknown RPM. He said he swam like crazy to get to it and shut it down, but right before he got there it slowed down and seized up. Must be a lesson or two there?
    [ July 11, 2003, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: bilgewiper ]

BP1330
    Mabye an old Tahiti?????

gigamurph
    I can't help ya in the ID department but I wanted to say that I really like the lines on that hull. Looks like it will be a sharp floater! Good luck on your project!

Whole Lotta Nothin'
    I have heard Avenger a couple of times now. I am going to contact Cee Bee and see if they can confirm this. Thanks for all the help. I will post some more pics as the project progresses. Hopefully I will be floatin' next summer!!