Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California, Tumbles in to the Sea.....

Boatcop
    That'll be the day I go back to Annendale....
    Just saw on the news that there's a big land slide/sinkhole in La Jolla.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...n03slide2.html

Miss Perfect
    There are definetly some unhappy people with mutli-million dollar homes right now. Last I heard, 20 houses had been evacuated.

HocusPocus
    was watching this earlier on HLN.. pretty big hole.

SummitKarl
    That'll be the day I go back to Annendale....
    Just saw on the news that there's a big land slide/sinkhole in La Jolla.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...n03slide2.html
    just saw that ....there goes a few million down the toilet:jawdrop: H/O ins. usally dont cover floods or landslides
    BTW we set for Saturday?....tell me what officer is doing it and his shirt size and I will drop off the payoff......errrrrrr, gifts at the boating center

Ziggy
    Word is that its an older section of Mnt Soledad.....which would make me believe that the residents will be slightly older folk, perhaps with less income....which would be sad since there'll be very little chance of the recovering from it.

SummitKarl
    Word is that its an older section of Mnt Soledad.....which would make me believe that the residents will be slightly older folk, perhaps with less income....which would be sad since there'll be very little chance of the recovering from it.
    yea and they maybe paid.....$40k back in 1968 agreed tho..tuff for older ones to start over

Mrs. 20
    Wow! We are headed there this weekend. In fact La Jolla was tops on my list of beaches to see.:idea:

DMOORE
    Not a big deal guys. So far it only affects the street, and not any homes. They think a broken water main caused it. It's actually up on Mt. Solidad, not near the beach.
    Darrell.

Ziggy
    Wow! We are headed there this weekend. In fact La Jolla was tops on my list of beaches to see.:idea:
    No effect to the beaches below. Its inland from the beach about 1/2 mile or so, closer to I-5.
    Its the hill with the memorial Cross on it that has been in litigation for decades...
    In our early years we'd race up the hill(nice and windy road) in our roadrace cars.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Opposite side of Soledad from the Munchkinland too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast