I know some of HSW don't enter the Sandbar, so I posted here also.
Here's a couple of updates to share.
The membership continues to grow every week. We are still below the goal for 2007, but getting close. I encourage all of you who boat from Davis dam to Parker dam to join.
Remember if you join as an individual for $50.00 annually, you get a discount card that if used could save you a lot more than $50.00. The LHCMA is Licensed and chartered NON-PROFIT, tax write off. ( For those that live outside LHC you should get your card next week )
The LHCMA is working closer with the city, state, BLM, wild life refuge and others than ever before. Unlike the past years we are informed about upcoming meetings and newsletters. Again, a sign that we are growing.
Myself and Russ from SeaTow met with John Earle at the refuge last month and were encourage about his vision for the 17 miles between Havasu and Topock.
His 2 biggest concerns were NOISE ( put the mufflers on people ) and what appears to be under educated boat drivers. He's a very nice guy with a ton of knowledge about the refuge. He enjoys seeing US boaters using the area and has NO INTENTIONS of shutting it down.
The LHCMA sponsered the LHHS girls volleyball teams with 2 pontoon boats for the homecoming parade on Sept 28th. I was amazed driving down the parade route. There must have been over a 1000 people, very impressive.
We are working on something for London Bridge days, the X-mas light parade and the March 08' boat show.
If you have any questions or want more info about the LHCMA and what we are doing to protect your boating rights, please call me 928-208-6044 or 928-303-6018
Todd
The website is LHCMA.com
Todd