Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American flag

ccfdland

Jordy
    Wow, that's crazy. Can't believe someone else hasn't posted it here yet.. :idea:

Jyruiz
    Sure he didn't know it was illegal to fly the flag that way. You are in America, why would any other flag be ok to be flown over an American flag.

Redwing247
    If in fact charges filed against the vet, I'll donate to his defense fund.

ccfdland
    update........
    Police, ACLU Weigh In On Reno Flag Flap
    Groups: It Is Not Illegal To Place American Flag Second
    POSTED: 7:46 am PDT October 4, 2007
    UPDATED: 8:35 am PDT October 4, 2007
    RENO, Nev. -- Responding to a controversy over a Mexican flag flying at a local bar, Reno police and the American Civil Liberties Union have issued statements emphasizing it is not illegal to fly another flag above the American flag.
    A Reno television station broadcast a story on Monday of a U.S. veteran, Jim Broussard, cutting down the U.S. flag flying above the bar and taking it away in protest of what the station reported was an illegal display of the flag.
    The Reno Police Department said in a statement that while the U.S. Code establishes protocol for the display of the American flag in relation to other flags, the protocol "is advisory and is not a criminal statute." The statement says there is no sanction for violation of the protocol and is not enforceable by local law enforcement.
    Gary Peck, director of the ACLU of Nevada in Las Vegas, said several federal courts have held that the flag rules are not mandatory and cannot be enforced. In fact, Peck said if the flag rules were mandatory, they would clearly violate the First Amendment, which protects every American's right to speak and express themselves, including their choice of flag to display.

Kachina26
    Wow, that's crazy. Can't believe someone else hasn't posted it here yet.. :idea:
    Weird, seems like a vid like this would have been posted hours ago........

mbrown2
    it was posted yesterday.

Run_em_Hard
    If in fact charges filed against the vet, I'll donate to his defense fund.
    I'll donate as well.

River Lynchmob
    That absolutly disgusts me as does the ACLU. They are going to be the main downfall of this country.

I went to a local restaurant for lunch today. They had up a sign listing march dates & to boycott white owned establishments. My buddy who speaks & reads Spanish let me know.
    We don't eat lunch at EL Rosal Mexican restaurant in Reno anymore.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast