Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooo someone tried breaking into...

EmpirE231
    My house!!!
    this morning I'm turning on my sprinklers in my back yard. and I notice the screen for my dining room window on the ground next to the window... I'm like "Hmm maybe the gardener bumped into it / knocked it off" . so I check it out some more and notice the trim around my window "foam decorative stuff" has two big grooves / holes in it... and the vinyl frame of the window has two creases in it, I open the window, and the little fuzzy strip on the inside is all screwed up right along the lines of the creased vinyl and busted trim. (looks like they tried wedging something in and prying it open)
    well I called the gardener (because the side gate was open when I got home, and they usually leave it open when they mow the lawn, mainly because the lock doesn't latch well) and nope... they haven't even came by yet this week.
    also, my buddy went by my house to check it out and also found a BBQ fork (whatever they call it, the long fork) down in the planter next to the window) and it was mine, which is usually stored next to my bbq.
    so, I'm kinda stressed right now... trying to be all CSI and shit and figure out what the F is going on...:idea: when it happened? why didn't they try another entry etc. I'm thinking it happened during daytime... since me and my fiance both work? I'm gonna have her file a police report when she gets home.
    my biggest concern over a break in is my fiance coming home to being surprised by an intruder in the house! secondly would be any stuff getting stolen etc. ... is it pretty much time for an alarm? some ADT? maybe a nice shotgun (wouldn't do much if I'm not home though).
    I'm about to take a week off work, get a bottle of JD and a shotgun and camp out in my backyard and wait for visitors!!....

mark49
    Buy her a lady Smith 38, check house first and have her hand in her purse during entry.
    No on Pit bull, a 38 rd is only 40 cents, feeding, vet bills nad caring for a pit 100s..

Jyruiz
    Time for an alarm, we have one and sleep better because of it.

Cheap Thrills
    Fence Chargers are great theft deterrents. Post disclaimer signs and Get Creative ! Cured some gas siphoning punks one time with a fence charger wired to the truck. Believe me it doesn't take them long to examine that 10Kv pulse and decide it's not worth the effort. Once bitten twice shy. so to say.
    T.

delemorte
    Alarm + two big ass dogs +
    http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/9/25723530710.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6616545)
    Makes me sleep better at night.

ahhell
    three Labs that bark at anything work for me...with a 12 gauge as back up

RiverToysJas
    From experience, I can tell you, these work pretty good for what you need....
    http://sentinelkennels.com/images/Rottie.jpg
    RTJas

delemorte
    From experience, I can tell you, these work pretty good for what you need....
    http://sentinelkennels.com/images/Rottie.jpg
    RTJas
    Dogs are only scary becuase you cant negotiate with a dog. if it wants to bite you its gonna bite you with out thinking twice.. Big dogs work well. they are also loyal freinds.

ThongMagnet
    I vote getting dogs (two).
    And the gun "if" you need a backup until police arrive:idea:

djunkie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast