Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED...225pm POWERHEAD

TOBTEK
    MY brother called and asked for all your help. He blew the left side off his 1997 225 promax's powerhead on the 20.8 seabring LAVEYCRAFT. SO, Im telling him to step up and find a nice 300pm used, and sell the remaining 225. Does anyone know of one or a good solution to his problem. He NEEDS more power...whats the hot set-up on a budget?...thanks

HavasuDreamin'
    The 20.8 Lavey needs more torque (and power) than the 225, so I think stepping up to a 300X or 300PM is a good idea. It just depends on funds becuase those motors aren't cheap. eek! If he doesn't want to put that kind of money into his rig, I would say step up to a 2.5L 280 hp powerhead which should bolt right on his midsection. Good Luck
    [ April 14, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

TOBTEK
    I AGREE 100% with you. Just need to find something. I saw the same boat awhile back with a 300pm and it hauled ass! If we could find him a good deal on one he'd do it. He really doesnt want to ultra high reving, mixing oil route of the 2.5.....I might be able to sell him on the idea if the right deal POP's up........where is BOATMASTER when you need him

ZSARGO
    TOBTEK:
    MY brother called and asked for all your help. He blew the left side off his 1997 225 promax's powerhead on the 20.8 seabring LAVEYCRAFT. SO, Im telling him to step up and find a nice 300pm used, and sell the remaining 225. Does anyone know of one or a good solution to his problem. He NEEDS more power...whats the hot set-up on a budget?...thanks CALL LOU OR RICHIE AT LAKELAND. A GUY DROPPED OFF A 25 TALON WITH TWIN 300 PRO MAX'S ON SATURDAY.HE IS GETTING THE NEW 300X'S AND THE MOTORS WILL BE FOR SALE. I KNOW THEY ARE LOW ON HOURS AND LOOK VERY CLEAN.
    [ April 14, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

HavasuDreamin'
    ZSARGO
    CALL LOU OR RICHIE AT LAKELAND. A GUY DROPPED OFF A 25 TALON WITH TWIN 300 PRO MAX'S ON SATURDAY.HE IS GETTING THE NEW 300X'S AND THE MOTORS WILL BE FOR SALE. I KNOW THEY ARE LOW ON HOURS AND LOOK VERY CLEAN.There you go........but your brother better jump on one of those motors because they won't last long. To ease the damage on the wallet, he should be able to get some good money out of his existing mid section and gear case. I would think at least $2,000 for both.

kab
    Now I'ver heard everything, toby your brother on a tight budget?? Must be that new trailer, quads, four seater sandcar etc that he's buying up. If he doesnt like the 300 promax price you can buy the 2.5 280 that is oil injected.

TOBTEK
    WHATEVER.....called Drew at boatmasters and he has the DAY OFF What are those?
    So what is a used 300pm worth?

TOBTEK
    kab:
    Now I'ver heard everything, toby your brother on a tight budget?? Must be that new trailer, quads, four seater sandcar etc that he's buying up. If he doesnt like the 300 promax price you can buy the 2.5 280 that is oil injected. they have a oil injected 2.5? didnt know that. Im sure he would entertain that if we could find something used. He found a rebuilt 225 powerhead at Lakeland for 3500-4500 eek! just to get him back to where he was before the big bang. He says he's ok with the current power, but I know he'd love the extra power if he had it.

HavasuDreamin'
    Merc does not make a 2.5L 280hp motor that is oil injected to my knowledge.
    How much is the used 300 PM worth? That is a good question. Obviously it depends on the hours and condition of the motor. My guess is that a good one is worth about $10K or so based on the fact that they are not easy to find. Good Luck
    [ April 14, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

TOBTEK
    HavasuDreamin':
    Merc does not make a 2.5L 280hp motor that is oil injected to my knowledge.
    How much is the used 300 PM worth? That is a good question. Obviously it depends on the hours and condition of the motor. My guess is that a good one is worth about $10K or so based on the fact that they are not easy to find. Good Luck He was quoted 8500 exchange for a 2000 300pm with low hours( whatever that means ) LaveyCraft said they havent done much testing with outboards at all.......We are wondering what it will be like with a 300 insted of the 225....weight and all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast