Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight

Kim Hanson
    Could someone tell me how much would a 300X be?
    [ November 10, 2002, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

SCOOTE69
    467 pounds, about 90 pounds more than a 2.5ss

TOBTEK
    SCOOTE69:
    467 pounds, about 90 pounds more than a 2.5ssscott....did you get a change to drive anything while out here in California? And ofcourse today(sunday) is beautiful! Never fail's

Kim Hanson
    SCOOTE69:
    467 pounds, about 90 pounds more than a 2.5ssThanks, thats about 73 pounds less than my V8 right now.....( . )( . )......... wink

snappertapper
    Are you cansidering gettin rid of the v-8 and goin to a 300x kim?

Kim Hanson
    snappertapper:
    Are you cansidering gettin rid of the v-8 and goin to a 300x kim?I'am really thinking about it right now,there is nobody around here that know how to fix it at this time. Stick it in the garage and get a brand new one with warranty, less head-ache.I would never give it up though, I just need to find someone who can work on these engines..........( . )( . )....nothing like the rumble of a OMC V8 OffShore engine! wink

snappertapper
    you got that right nuthin like the omc rumble, but i think the 300x would be a good investment if nothing else they sem to hold their resale pretty well.

27mtrcougar
    kim you might want to check out jaco's marine in tenn. they seem to have reasonable prices on outboards i bought a 2.5 from them they were great.ask for barbra.good luck.jacosmarine.com

HavasuDreamin'
    Question for you Kim...........how has your gearcase held up on that V-8? I have always heard that the OMC V-8's are hard on gearcases. Anyway, I think a 300X is an excellent choice because it is a reliable 325hp motor that you can take to any reputable Mercury shop to have a tech. hook up the computer to it to see what is wrong. Another dealer to consider would be Koty Marine. I have never dealt with them, but have heard they have good prices on new motors. They advertise in the back of ***boat and are located in the NE of the US! Good Luck!
    [ November 12, 2002, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Kim Hanson
    Just this summer after the rebuild, I found out that it is a V6 gear case and he told me as long as I didn't stick it gear with any rpm's it would last.But I think I took it out setting the timing this summer, nice grinding noise afterward,s parked for the rest of the year..........( . )( . )....... frown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast