Thread: Berkeley Vs jacuzzi

whiskey & water
    Need so info have a Jacuzzi pump can switch to a berkeley with a split bowl pump. Building a 600 hp motor. Do it or stay with the jacuzzi its a WJ. The boat is a Hawaiian hull 1975 also taking the hook out of it

MikeF
    Really the first question should be "how much hook". If it is too much work to get it out, it may not be adviseable to throw more $$$$ (better pump and engine at it). Just something to think about before really spending alot of money on a boat that might disappoint in the performance catagory.
    Really gotta start w/ the right hull to make the most of money spent.:boxed:
    Then again, if it's just gonna be a play boat......I'd stick w/ the Jacuzzi and spend the $ on fuel and refreshments.

suckin&pumpin
    It would be faster with a 30 year old stock 460, bring that 600 hp motor over to dixon and Ill swap ya!

My weapon of choice will almost always be "Berkeley"/Dom/A/T.. but Jacuzzi wj's can be made to work very well both with and with out the "energizer kit" as witness I used a Wj fo my new project Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/DSC06881.jpg