Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proform Carb. Help bowl settings

TJS
    I have a new Proform 850 carb. What should the level of the fuel be at on the bowl setting's sight glass. I went out yesteday and they seemed too high (way over the sight glass). I lowered them today just like a holley (the fuel was right at the lower edge of the sight glass. Now when I hammer the go pedal the engine almost dies like I am running out of fuel. So now I think they are too low. Engine specs. Ls-6 BBC 454 (.030), Brodix BB2's, Jet boat hyd. roller cam, about 9.5 to 1 compression MSD 7AL, MSD Pro-billet dist.. Nordic 18ft bubble deck. Berk split bowl with a B dominator impeller with ultimate wear ring. I get up to 6000 rpms in a matter of 5 seconds or less when the pump loads (that was yesteday, not today it stumbles and runs like a bad of crap). Thanks for any help.
    T.J.

85CARRIBEAN
    I have a new Proform 850 carb. What should the level of the fuel be at on the bowl setting's sight glass. I went out yesteday and they seemed too high (way over the sight glass). I lowered them today just like a holley (the fuel was right at the lower edge of the sight glass. Now when I hammer the go pedal the engine almost dies like I am running out of fuel. So now I think they are too low. Engine specs. Ls-6 BBC 454 (.030), Brodix BB2's, Jet boat hyd. roller cam, about 9.5 to 1 compression MSD 7AL, MSD Pro-billet dist.. Nordic 18ft bubble deck. Berk split bowl with a B dominator impeller with ultimate wear ring. I get up to 6000 rpms in a matter of 5 seconds or less when the pump loads (that was yesteday, not today it stumbles and runs like a bad of crap). Thanks for any help.
    T.J.
    I just ran into the same problem a week ago. First, tap on top of the needle and seats. (They may be stuck closed!) If that does not work, take them out, and check the o-ring on the needle and see if they're ripped! If thats, okay, set the level about half way, (with the ignition on) and try to start.
    If no go, check spark plugs, fuel pressure, fule filter for clogging. Try the ovious first. Hope that helps.

ol guy
    might want to check the squirters to see if they are large enough to prime the motor on instant wot foot response. and right bellow the site glass at full feul pressure is where they should be. Larger carb means more air, more air means beast needs more food. (wide open throtle).

speedymopars
    if the floats are too high, it makes the carb run rich.
    Basically, if it was perfect with the floats too high, it's now too lean and needs a bigger pump shot.

vee-driven
    I just ran into the same problem a week ago. First, tap on top of the needle and seats. (They may be stuck closed!) If that does not work, take them out, and check the o-ring on the needle and see if they're ripped! If thats, okay, set the level about half way, (with the ignition on) and try to start.
    If no go, check spark plugs, fuel pressure, fule filter for clogging. Try the ovious first. Hope that helps.
    You ran into the problem and i fixed it. lol

85CARRIBEAN
    I ''NEVER'' said ''I'' fixed it!...hahahaha. Just a coincidence we're on this topic. Geee pat, why you must gotta be a dick! LOL.

@theRVR
    T.J.
    what's the fuel pressure to the carbs? you should have 6 or 7 lbs.

TJS
    what's the fuel pressure to the carbs? you should have 6 or 7 lbs.
    I have 6 pounds at the carb. I am running -10 an lines to the Clay Smith pump and from the Clay Smith pump -8an lines. All parts I have listed are brand new. New Carb. New MSD, New everything. There is about 1.0 running time on all these parts. I was looking at the MSD advance settings and I need to change the springs to a blue and a light silver. Also need to put a silver advance stop bushing. I will then set my base to about 8 or 10 degrees so at 3000 RPM's the total of about 35 degrees. I still have to mess around with the Carb as well.
    T.J.

is there such thing as a "marine" or uscg approved proform?????

76miller
    Classic! Nandi, giving tech tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast