Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Great Basin Ntl Prk, Ghost Towns, and Wildlife: What a GREAT trip. PIX!

nodigg
    Thanks for sharing. I would like to print and frame the old 30's sedan hulk.
    With your permission of course. Can you send me an email jpeg??

Not So Fast
    I didnt recognize your wife with her clothes on On a more serious note where is this, how many miles did you put on, did you just stay in motels along the way, None of this reservation crap?, how many days ect. More info, we are retired and I am looking for this kind of trip exactly. We are going to the Grand canyon on the railraod trip the middle of this month but I can't believe the cost for a one nite stay, train ride, and a breakfast & dinner. We upgraded to 1st class and its expensive, at least to me:idea: So your trip sounds like what I want to do, more info please, pm me if you like, Thanks, NSF

hkunz
    Great photos, and heads up on yet another awesome vacation spot.

havaduner
    Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing, that is the kinda trip I would like to make. What I liked best in those pictures was there wasnt a million other people in the way!

Tequila-John
    Great pics bud. Thank for sharing. Looks like a nice relaxing time for sure

MrsGHT
    Wow, those are great John. Don and I will have to go there sometime with the kids, they'd love it. Thanks for posting those.

Flyinbowtie
    Nevada is an incredibly serene and beautiful place, and getting off the main drag and hitting the back country is a wonderful way to spend time.
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    I feel the same way about it that you do.

beaverretriever
    Thanks for sharing. I would like to print and frame the old 30's sedan hulk.
    With your permission of course. Can you send me an email jpeg??
    I will let my wife know tonight. I don't know how to do any of that crap...LOL

That Guy
    My only disappointment with your pics is that you couldn't find a way to get Daly in a bikini.....

beaverretriever
    I didnt recognize your wife with her clothes on On a more serious note where is this, how many miles did you put on, did you just stay in motels along the way, None of this reservation crap?, how many days ect. More info, we are retired and I am looking for this kind of trip exactly. We are going to the Grand canyon on the railraod trip the middle of this month but I can't believe the cost for a one nite stay, train ride, and a breakfast & dinner. We upgraded to 1st class and its expensive, at least to me:idea: So your trip sounds like what I want to do, more info please, pm me if you like, Thanks, NSF
    We stayed in Ely at the Prospector the nicest place in town at about 75 bux a night. Ely is a dump but you don't go to that area to be in Ely but the stuff around it. Although Ely has a ton of history and some cool things to see, it is a depressed mining town, so that should tell you a little bit.
    We drove from Vegas straight to the National Park first stopping briefly along the way at the Cethedral Gorge outside of Caliente for a few minutes (I have been numerous times, but the wife has not seen it).
    You take the 93 north till you hit a fork in the road. One way goes to Ely and the other to the Park.
    Overall we put on about a 1000 miles in 3 days including all the misc driving around to the old mining sites, park, etc.
    This had to be one of the best trips of my life. Like I said, it is great to go with someone like my parents that have been going since they were young.
    BTW Steve, it was about 25 degrees much of the day at the Great Basin Park...LOL Bikinis were not happening.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast