Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 502 Dyno run results

supersoaker509
    the 305's with cnc option, milled down to 114cc chambers
    are they CNC ported to 315 or CNC chambers and pockets?:idea:

kjell, are you racing next weekend?

widowmaker
    are they CNC ported to 315 or CNC chambers and pockets?:idea:
    the chambers and pockets, at the time I couldn't justify it but I wish I had gone with the complete cnc. None the less, it turned out nicely.

widowmaker
    kjell, are you racing next weekend?
    yep

supersoaker509
    the chambers and pockets, at the time I couldn't justify it but I wish I had gone with the complete cnc. None the less, it turned out nicely.
    Same heads that I have, now I'm looking to get them ported.
    like them numbers

Decided Advantage
    Looks like a great setup! I keep wishing I could put a motor together to drop in for a couple of weekends a year(a poker run/regatta motor) while enjoying the reliability and economy of my 496HO most of the year.
    Now a hard question. What was the correction factor used?
    In the last few years it seems the biggest power adder some builders have to offer is throwing in "a correction" into the dyno results.
    A friend purchased a +500 "C"HP 427 that my seat of the pants dyno says is actually closer to 300-350HP. After being around a few impressive dyno sheets that didn't live up to the hype on the water, I'm starting to wonder if the dyno sheets are worth the paper they are printed on.
    No offense intended here. I just have to wonder if the dyno numbers hot off the crank 15 years ago were actually a more accurate indication of the power available out of that engine .
    I'm certainly not picking on your build here, instead my point is to understand your view of this situation.
    I was thinking we should correct the HP numbers the other way. Put in a correction factory for all the drag, higher altitude, exhaust, etc. of in the boat conditions to give a better indication of performance.

widowmaker
    Looks like a great setup! I keep wishing I could put a motor together to drop in for a couple of weekends a year(a poker run/regatta motor) while enjoying the reliability and economy of my 496HO most of the year.
    Now a hard question. What was the correction factor used?
    In the last few years it seems the biggest power adder some builders have to offer is throwing in "a correction" into the dyno results.
    A friend purchased a +500 "C"HP 427 that my seat of the pants dyno says is actually closer to 300-350HP. After being around a few impressive dyno sheets that didn't live up to the hype on the water, I'm starting to wonder if the dyno sheets are worth the paper they are printed on.
    No offense intended here. I just have to wonder if the dyno numbers hot off the crank 15 years ago were actually a more accurate indication of the power available out of that engine .
    I'm certainly not picking on your build here, instead my point is to understand your view of this situation.
    I was thinking we should correct the HP numbers the other way. Put in a correction factory for all the drag, higher altitude, exhaust, etc. of in the boat conditions to give a better indication of performance.
    Try not to think of these numbers as bragging rights. They have helped me with my setup, i.e. impeller size.
    This motor pushed my 19' daytona at lake ming this weekend to the century mark, so regardless of the true power that it is making, what ever it is, it is very respectable for a heavier layup daytona in the quarter mile. I know several other boats that claim to have as much or considerably more power that are not too far ahead of me on speeds.
    Most importantly is the consistency that this motor is producing. The last three runs that were made were 10.12, 10.14, and 10.18. Not to mention deterioting air quality. all of these passes were over the century mark.
    Bottom line, consistency wins races. This motor has been performing flawlessly. Anyone who wants to put something together like this. I'd be willing to share any details and my experiences.

Sleeper CP
    Widowmaker,
    Those are great results. That's what it's suposed to be all about. The dyno is just another tool to help you tune the boat. It sounds like it worked perfect in your case. Way to go and congrat's.
    What rpm's are you turning? And it ran 10_?(what)
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

widowmaker
    Widowmaker,
    Those are great results. That's what it's suposed to be all about. The dyno is just another tool to help you tune the boat. It sounds like it worked perfect in your case. Way to go and congrat's.
    What rpm's are you turning? And it ran 10_?(what)
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    I'm turning a B impeller from MPD 6K rpm. 10.12 was the quickest run.

Sleeper CP
    I'm turning a B impeller from MPD 6K rpm. 10.12 was the quickest run.
    MPH on that run ?
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast