Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ming Oct 20 And 21

Cole, the IHBA tree is as you know a 1/2 second increment. The NJBA is closer to 4 tenths and possibly 3 tenths. I have to leave on 8 in Joey's boat where I would normally leave on a late 6.

Good job out there Dennis, we watched all your passes and you looked good out there..Hopefully you come back in November.
    Just to clarify on the RR/widow race... RR=11.447 Widow=10.304. Margain of victory was 1.143
    Don't know about looking good, but managed to get from point A to B, which is good after 20 years away from it.
    I'll have a bucket made for it, and put a module in the burnout side of the MSD for the launch. If I leave at 9, I should do better next time.
    I'll be there in November probably for RR and a Bracket. See you then. RR
    I'm just a pawn in the game of life...........

widowmaker
    I know I'm gonna get heat for this but why would you go to the track and make no hardware changes all weekend..... kinda defeats the purpose????
    I'm not even going to get into the numbers and all that bs.... just read the results on the website when they come out.
    The boat ran bitchin, big thanks to crusader 83 and his uncle Scott. Last three passes were all above 100 and all 10.1x
    RCR
    The best racing was done in the parking lot leaving dinner on friday nite!!!

widowmaker
    I don't need an excuse. I was there to race the clock, not you. My boat ran 9.94 @ 103.5. Yours ran 10.13 @ 100.7. I'd say that's a serious case of getting your ass kicked in. Your reaction time of .174 vs. 1.507 might have had a little to do with your 'victory'. Had I known you wanted to race, I would have tried harder(or maybe not). My boat was run setup EXACTLY the way it is run at LL. NO changes-zero(except for fresh oil and plugs). I know with a 2 step to launch(7200 rpm cavitation), and a closed bucket to stage(it's hard to watch the lights with your boat turning sideways on the rope), the boat will run 9.50's at 105 AS IS-NO CHANGES. That's plenty fast for what I do. I'm not a Professional Drag Boat racer, I'm a RiverRacer. Anytime you like there Widowmaker, you can try your luck.
    I'd also like to say that Jordan's boat ran FASTER than mine again(like I SAID regarding the first time we raced at LL when I couldn't run him down). He would have beat me if we had raced. He has done a good job on his deal, and he should be proud of the results his hard work has produced.
    Had lots of fun this weekend, but also remembered why I stopped doing this 20 years ago. RR

HBjet
    I know I'm gonna get heat for this but why would you go to the track and make no hardware changes all weekend..... kinda defeats the purpose????:confused
    I'm no drag racer, but I am going to guess that when you are cutting 1.5 lights all weekend, hardware changes are the least of your problems.

widowmaker
    I'm no drag racer, but I am going to guess that when you are cutting 1.5 lights all weekend, hardware changes are the least of your problems.
    LOL......

Mike D..
    Thanks alot Tony UBFJ is a very tough class right now. I want to thank Mike Miller- aka Gold cup leader for building me a bad ass little motor and setting up the boat. I also want to thank Steve B and Tracy for all there help all year. Big D thanks for getting me in the water. Congrats to Mike D and Shoe you guys have that boat running some big numbers. It was alot of fun pitting with you guys. Congrats to CS for going some rounds right off the trailer and running an 8.01. Sofa your boat is badass running an 8.00 was very impressive. Tony looking forward to seeing you next race. Thanks to everyone who helped me. It was a Golden weekend
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ld_cup_001.jpg
    What number is Harris? I don`t see his number on there. I think you forgot him.
    I have to say that is a nice banner would be even nicer to add home of the ubfj high points champion what do you think? I have to say the Gold cup team kicked a$$ and took names

LOL......
    9.94-103.5 vs. 10.13-100.8 LMAO
    This can go on forever. Next time slide up and let me know we're racing. I think that's the point. Hope you are safe in S.D. RR

I take it you'll be there in November, Randy. WITH YOUR BOAT, just specially to show me how to leave properly??????????????????????????????????????.
    RR

cyclone
    dennis- i'm glad you had a good time and it was great to see another boat at the track. I hope you come back even stronger next time.
    but here's the thing. when you are on the rope next to another boat and you're both staring at the same xmas tree, the other guy shouldn't have to tell you that you're racing.
    you took your boat to a race track, remember? Reaction time is everything and claiming a win because you had a better ET doesn't mean jack when the other guy tree'd you with a chainsaw. you had a faster boat but Widowmaker was a better driver period.