Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ming Oct 20 And 21

cyclone
    I take it you'll be there in November, Randy. WITH YOUR BOAT, just specially to show me how to leave properly??????????????????????????????????????.
    RR
    i think he showed you how to leave at lost lake. no need to put on that show again unless you are looking to be on the wrong end of a bad beat by his gullwing in front of an even larger crowd.

Anyone catch Frank Nagores times? I saw a few runs that looked real fast but didnt hear any E.T. or MPH numbers.

Johnwithjm
    Anyone catch Frank Nagores times? I saw a few runs that looked real fast but didnt hear any E.T. or MPH numbers.
    I think he ran 7.21 ET and put a leg on the mph record not sure on the mph

[QUOTE=widowmaker;2854092]I know I'm gonna get heat for this but why would you go to the track and make no hardware changes all weekend..... kinda defeats the purpose????
    It's not confusing. I went there to verify my GPS and GTECH numbers, not to race anyone in particular or defeat any purpose or prove any point. If Jordan and I would have paired up, I would have tried to cut a light, but the boat is not light cutting friendly at this point. It has never been to the races, and I haven't been since I was 30 something(and that's awhile ago). If you want to say you beat someone, at least let them know they're supposed to be racing.
    It's a waste of time to change parts when your not able to use throttle effectively to leave, in my opinion, as your time will vary depending on how long it takes to get to full throttle after you break the beam.
    Until(and if) I get the boat to a light cutting friendly configuration, if you like, you can put a car together. Then tell me we're going to race. I'll meet you and leave your ass glued at the tree. RR
    I'm just a pawn in the game of life...........

widowmaker
    [QUOTE=widowmaker;2854092]I know I'm gonna get heat for this but why would you go to the track and make no hardware changes all weekend..... kinda defeats the purpose????
    It's not confusing. I went there to verify my GPS and GTECH numbers, not to race anyone in particular or defeat any purpose or prove any point. If Jordan and I would have paired up, I would have tried to cut a light, but the boat is not light cutting friendly at this point. It has never been to the races, and I haven't been since I was 30 something(and that's awhile ago). If you want to say you beat someone, at least let them know they're supposed to be racing.
    It's a waste of time to change parts when your not able to use throttle effectively to leave, in my opinion, as your time will vary depending on how long it takes to get to full throttle after you break the beam.
    Until(and if) I get the boat to a light cutting friendly configuration, if you like, you can put a car together. Then tell me we're going to race. I'll meet you and leave your ass glued at the tree. RR
    I would have tried to cut a light????????????? why do you bring your boat to the races then??? I don't know who you are, what your boat looks like or even that you were paired up with me.
    Put a car together???? why???? we are talking boats here. the list of excuses continues....

i think he showed you how to leave at lost lake. no need to put on that show again unless you are looking to be on the wrong end of a bad beat by his gullwing in front of an even larger crowd.
    dennis- i'm glad you had a good time and it was great to see another boat at the track. I hope you come back even stronger next time.
    but here's the thing. when you are on the rope next to another boat and you're both staring at the same xmas tree, the other guy shouldn't have to tell you that you're racing.
    you took your boat to a race track, remember? Reaction time is everything and claiming a win because you had a better ET doesn't mean jack when the other guy tree'd you with a chainsaw. you had a faster boat but Widowmaker was a better driver period.
    I don't think he showed anything but how to be a poor loser. We all have our opinions Mike. I didn't come to 'race'. I came to test the boat against the clocks. It's like in Drag Racing(NHRA), you can Red Lite or break out in qualifying, but not on 'Race' day. My mind set is for that. I don't even notice cars in the other lane unless it's for REAL. This wasn't for 'REAL'. I wasn't entered in any bracket or classification. I thought about stepping up after the course shut down, but didn't because of the starting problems and control problems with the reverse bucket as well as my lack of recent experience.
    Thanks for allowing that my boat was faster on THIS weekend. It MIGHT NOT BE next time. HE was a better driver, but if I come back and gain experience again, THAT may change also.
    4 races don't make a career, Mike. RR
    P.S.
    Please- no more license passes. Tnx, RR

[QUOTE=RiverRacer;2854343]
    I would have tried to cut a light????????????? why do you bring your boat to the races then??? I don't know who you are, what your boat looks like or even that you were paired up with me.
    Put a car together???? why???? we are talking boats here. the list of excuses continues....
    Put the pipe away, Crackhead(your excuse?) Bye Bye. RR

cyclone
    I don't think he showed anything but how to be a poor loser. We all have our opinions Mike. I didn't come to 'race'. I came to test the boat against the clocks. It's like in Drag Racing(NHRA), you can Red Lite or break out in qualifying, but not on 'Race' day. My mind set is for that. I don't even notice cars in the other lane unless it's for REAL. This wasn't for 'REAL'. I wasn't entered in any bracket or classification. I thought about stepping up after the course shut down, but didn't because of the starting problems and control problems with the reverse bucket as well as my lack of recent experience.
    Thanks for allowing that my boat was faster on THIS weekend. It MIGHT NOT BE next time. HE was a better driver, but if I come back and gain experience again, THAT may change also.
    P.S.
    Fair enough. like i said i'm glad you came out. The more boats the better. hopefully you get the bugs worked out and run even quicker. The River Racer class is fun and perhaps the peanut gallery puts a bit too much emphasis on the grudge match aspect of it. I love seeing guys come off the river and run each other in the class like I did.
    4 races?
    license passes? not sure what you mean. If you are referring to your first pass where the rope deflector nearly took your scoop off...that was scary. glad you weren't hurt.

P.S.
    [QUOTE=widowmaker;2854372]
    Put the pipe away, Crackhead(your excuse?) Bye Bye. RR
    River Racer,
    With all due respect, you are bringing on a lot of grief to yourself here. Usually when you have an entire board against you that is a sign that maybe YOU have a problem. I dont know you and I am not trying to judge you but maybe you should take a step back and look at what is bringing out all the animosity. From what I have seen, these guys in here have tried to offer up some constructive criticism but they are met with condescending remarks and calls out to go car racing. You make mention of the fact that you havent raced boats in years. A lot has changed in hardware and performance. I hope Im not coming off the wrong way ( I'm on some really good pain meds right now ) but maybe allow these guys to help you. They have all paid some heavy dues and are a collective wealth of knowledge. Good luck to you at the races. If you need anything come by our pit.
    Tony Scarlata

Johnwithjm
    [QUOTE=RiverRacer;2854416]
    River Racer,
    With all due respect, you are bringing on a lot of grief to yourself here. Usually when you have an entire board against you that is a sign that maybe YOU have a problem. I dont know you and I am not trying to judge you but maybe you should take a step back and look at what is bringing out all the animosity. From what I have seen, these guys in here have tried to offer up some constructive criticism but they are met with condescending remarks and calls out to go car racing. You make mention of the fact that you havent raced boats in years. A lot has changed in hardware and performance. I hope Im not coming off the wrong way ( I'm on some really good pain meds right now ) but maybe allow these guys to help you. They have all paid some heavy dues and are a collective wealth of knowledge. Good luck to you at the races. If you need anything come by our pit.
    Tony ScarlataI will be by your pit with salt in hand for you buddy