Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ming Oct 20 And 21

Johnwithjm
    Thanks Bob.

77charger
    I have a question to cut an .0 light in bakersfield what the hell number do you leave on??? Next time I'm putting the boat in gear when Alan says watch the lights. haha Hey Chris it was nice meeting you and thanks for kicking my ass first round on sunday. See ya in Phoenix.
    sometimes a 9 others an 8 you never know there.LOL .Good seeing you up there cole
    The red cup team was doing good on sat from what i saw cs next time i am sure you will get into the 7s boat looked real good and smooth on the 8.01 run saturday.
    blownjet thanks for the beer and tri tip and good job on the win again!

Yes sir! I can't wait to hear the excuses......
    btw... everyone keep me in mind the fire is getting very close, I live in rancho santa fe.... f*ck...
    I don't need an excuse. I was there to race the clock, not you. My boat ran 9.94 @ 103.5. Yours ran 10.13 @ 100.7. I'd say that's a serious case of getting your ass kicked in. Your reaction time of .174 vs. 1.507 might have had a little to do with your 'victory'. Had I known you wanted to race, I would have tried harder(or maybe not). My boat was run setup EXACTLY the way it is run at LL. NO changes-zero(except for fresh oil and plugs). I know with a 2 step to launch(7200 rpm cavitation), and a closed bucket to stage(it's hard to watch the lights with your boat turning sideways on the rope), the boat will run 9.50's at 105 AS IS-NO CHANGES. That's plenty fast for what I do. I'm not a Professional Drag Boat racer, I'm a RiverRacer. Anytime you like there Widowmaker, you can try your luck.
    I'd also like to say that Jordan's boat ran FASTER than mine again(like I SAID regarding the first time we raced at LL when I couldn't run him down). He would have beat me if we had raced. He has done a good job on his deal, and he should be proud of the results his hard work has produced.
    Had lots of fun this weekend, but also remembered why I stopped doing this 20 years ago. RR
    I'm just a pawn in the game of life...........

cyclone
    John at Concept Marine for making it happen, DNE for the float fix, MPD for the last minute impeller work and loader change, CS19 for everything including the peanuts in my truck's gas cap, Brule for the help and inspiration (3 years off the rope and the guy ends up winning the final his first race back), Red Cup for the support and BEER, Chris Braun for the loader and one hell of a race in the final round, Shoemaker/Mike D for the tools, Hustler, HBjet, Jet4Fun and everyone else in the RCR pit that helped me thrash on the boat over the weekend to get the boat down the track. It was a rough deal and we went backwards more than we went forwards but we made the final so i'm stoked. Looking forwards to november....

blue wonder
    I also want to say thanks to Tony Hammons for taking out Hicks in round 2. Nice job on that 8.02 pass. To my other buddy JBG Thanks for that post. I am bringing you a nice salt rub for the next race.
    thank you john...i just hope one of these days i can run as stout of numbers as you did...very impressive!!!!!!!...definetly well deserved to you and mike...you guys have worked your ass off all year to achieve it and ill be the first one to take my hat off and congratulate you two...awsome job guys!!!

I have a question to cut an .0 light in bakersfield what the hell number do you leave on??? Next time I'm putting the boat in gear when Alan says watch the lights. haha Hey Chris it was nice meeting you and thanks for kicking my ass first round on sunday. See ya in Phoenix.
    Nice meeting you as well Cole. I wouldnt call that an ass kicking, Id call that me getting lucky.. Nice job out there you drove that boat very well. When do you plan on having the boat you were telling me about ready to run? It sounds like its going to be a bad ass boat.
    As far as the tree goes, its a tough tree. When NJBA had to go to the back up timing system a few years back we all had to leave atleast one number earlier. From what Ive seen and heard most of the jets are leaving on a 9 going out or early 8, I havent raced there in a year and my lights sucked last weekend so I dont really know.
    Ill stop by in Phoenix.
    CS

John at Concept Marine for making it happen, DNE for the float fix, MPD for the last minute impeller work and loader change, CS19 for everything including the peanuts in my truck's gas cap, Brule for the help and inspiration (3 years off the rope and the guy ends up winning the final his first race back), Red Cup for the support and BEER, Chris Braun for the loader and one hell of a race in the final round, Shoemaker/Mike D for the tools, Hustler, HBjet, Jet4Fun and everyone else in the RCR pit that helped me thrash on the boat over the weekend to get the boat down the track. It was a rough deal and we went backwards more than we went forwards but we made the final so i'm stoked. Looking forwards to november.... oh yeah ... and Brian Busby for the light check on Sunday morning
    thanks Mike

cyclone
    thanks Mike
    I was breaking up my list of thanks in two separate posts to avoid writing a book. was just about to put you in there. lol
    safety first, right? it was good thing we did that light check or things might have gotten ugly in round one.
    you missed the freak fest at the finish line saturday night. that place was a train wreck.

I don't need an excuse. I was there to race the clock, not you. My boat ran 9.94 @ 103.5. Yours ran 10.13 @ 100.7. I'd say that's a serious case of getting your ass kicked in. Your reaction time of .174 vs. 1.507 might have had a little to do with your 'victory'. Had I known you wanted to race, I would have tried harder(or maybe not). My boat was run setup EXACTLY the way it is run at LL. NO changes-zero(except for fresh oil and plugs). I know with a 2 step to launch(7200 rpm cavitation), and a closed bucket to stage(it's hard to watch the lights with your boat turning sideways on the rope), the boat will run 9.50's at 105 AS IS-NO CHANGES. That's plenty fast for what I do. I'm not a Professional Drag Boat racer, I'm a RiverRacer. Anytime you like there Widowmaker, you can try your luck.
    I'd also like to say that Jordan's boat ran FASTER than mine again(like I SAID regarding the first time we raced at LL when I couldn't run him down). He would have beat me if we had raced. He has done a good job on his deal, and he should be proud of the results his hard work has produced.
    Had lots of fun this weekend, but also remembered why I stopped doing this 20 years ago. RR
    Good job out there Dennis, we watched all your passes and you looked good out there..Hopefully you come back in November.
    Just to clarify on the RR/widow race... RR=11.447 Widow=10.304. Margain of victory was 1.143

Mr. Crusader 83
    Good job out there Dennis, we watched all your passes and you looked good out there..Hopefully you come back in November.
    Just to clarify on the RR/widow race... RR=11.447 Widow=10.304. Margain of victory was 1.143
    Well lets hear it for widowmaker making that 100mph mark..... FINALLY!!!
    It was great being out there, chiilin and drinking beers with you guys.
    See you at Firebird, and maybe next month is bakersfield.
    Good finally meeting you Busby.