Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Justice.

OGShocker
    On October 3, 2003 the San Gabriel Police Department arrested my secretary/bookkeeper for fraud/embezzlement. The arrest came after a month long investigation by myself, my accountants and investigators from SGPD.
    After repeated attempts by us over four years to get the DA to file charges, the Alhambra offices of the LACDA allowed the case to die through statute of limitation.
    We filed a civil action against this woman in Pasadena. The case was won and she was ordered to repay the monies she stole from our firm. The Judge in our civil suit stated, "I know, in my heart, you were damaged to a greater extent than you were able to prove here today". This woman destroyed seven years of records which would have given us this additional proof.
    The DA in charge of our case, insisted the SGPD go to the home of this thief and ask her to admit to each and every fraudulent transaction in writing, before they would file the case. WTF??? We had all the proof in the world (less that stated above). We have the tape of her post arrest interview where she admitted her crimes. We had the standard letter of apology to me (yet one more admission) and we have the paper trail.
    Is it standard operating procedure for the DA to demand all criminals detail their crimes in writing prior to arraignment? Steve Cooley and his bunch of halfwit lawyers can't get convictions on people like Specter (http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/) and Blake (http://www.courttv.com/trials/blake/) so, I guess I have answered my own question.
    Remember this name when looking for office staff,
    Georgina Lopez of Rialto, CA. She was found liable for fraud and embezzlement in a California Civil Court and turned loose by Steve Cooley.
    Rant off.

YeLLowBoaT
    sounds like its time to call the local news station... I'm pretty sure they would be very intrested in this.

hoolign
    Un freakin real! I hope you get some resolve! ~

atomickitn
    you know there are bad people out there who can ......perform magic and make things/people disappear ......

hoolign
    you know there are bad people out there who can ......perform magic and make things/people disappear ......
    and the convienient thing is..if one were to chose that route..the "conspiricy to commit" investigation would bring new peeps to the board

Tom Brown
    I've been involved in a few of these cases up here in Canada and they never end. That's weird that they wouldn't prosecute, though.
    In one case, a forensic accountant from the RCMP was able to determine a certain individual embezelled $220K from a group and estimated the real number to be approximately $350K. In court, the defendant was found guilty and sentenced to pay $100 per month until it is paid off.
    Outraged, the group on the prosecution side asked their lawyer why the judge let the defendant off so easily. The lawyer told them they could take the $100 per month or they could take the $0 per month they will get after the defendant quit his job.
    Basically, he told them these cases pretty much always involve an addiction of some kind. The embezellment is done to fulfill the need for the addiction (ie: gambling, drugs, etc.).
    Apparently, the people doing it don't always feel they're stealing. Often, they need some money so they borrow some, thinking they will pay it back once their luck turns around. Of course, before long they are in so far they can never return.
    Embezellment sucks, Mark. Up here, it's way more common than most realize.
    Look on the bright side. Maybe she'll become so constipated that she'll die from a ruptured colon.

rrrr
    In 2003 we had a bookkeeper that stole around $50K by forging checks signatures. She was charged with 27 counts of bank fraud, and got a deal to plead guilty to one count.
    The #@+)&%* judge gave her 1 month in the Federal lockup, 5 months home confinnment, and 5 years probation. She was supposed to pay $750 a month restitution. So far I've received $1200, that was from a captured tax refund.
    It's funny this thread came up, earlier this morning I got out the paperwork on her because I'm going to file a civill lawsuit against her. I won't get any money, but her credit will be shot for the rest of her life. It's the only recoaurse I have.

hoolign
    In 2003 we had a bookkeeper that stole around $50K by forging checks signatures. She was charged with 27 counts of bank fraud, and got a deal to plead guilty to one count.
    The #@+)&%* judge gave her 1 month in the Federal lockup, 5 months home confinnment, and 5 years probation. She was supposed to pay $750 a month restitution. So far I've received $1200, that was from a captured tax refund.
    It's funny this thread came up, earlier this morning I got out the paperwork on her because I'm going to file a civill lawsuit against her. I won't get any money, but her credit will be shot for the rest of her life. It's the only recoaurse I have.
    You could hook her up with ratso and get closure knowing she's getting her ass pounded off

Miss Perfect
    AT my company there was a girl that stole over 250k by forging signatures. She was arrested and found guilty. She spent less then 6 months in jail and is now ordered to pay back $200/month.... and she is constantly going back to court to try to get that amount lowered. The whole thing is a freaking joke.

IMPATIENT 1
    sounds like its time to call the local news station... I'm pretty sure they would be very intrested in this.
    ding ding ding!!! do it, make the biatch pay!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast