Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: iPod question...

ROZ
    One thing to consider....
    iPod Nano 4 gb is a flash drive. No moving parts...
    ipod video uses an internal hard drive.
    Yup... It's a Toshiba hard drive... Apple recently secured enough mini HDD's from them to complete a run until 2010.... Now that's a big check... had to be over a bilion dollars...

Wally_Gator
    My two boys love theirs and I just hooked my neice up with hers...

Wally_Gator
    Yup... It's a Toshiba hard drive... Apple recently secured enough mini HDD's from them to complete a run until 2010.... Now that's a big check... had to be over a bilion dollars...
    Contract or actual shipments.
    I would assume that it is a contractual price and subject to shipment...
    Still one hefty commitment.
    And from what I saw today at the Apple store. They will use most of them..

ROZ
    Contract or actual shipments.
    I would assume that it is a contractual price and subject to shipment...
    Still one hefty commitment.
    And from what I saw today at the Apple store. They will use most of them..
    I don't know the parameters, but I know they're committed.... The company my brother does technical/engineering sales for mfg's parts in them....

al cole'holic
    Is there a way to connect to a buddy's computer and get all their songs on this iPod without it dumping your stuff and swapping the library out?? I have it plugged into his computer and it's asking if I want to swap it, which I don't, I want to add his library to mine...??

essexjet
    Is there a way to connect to a buddy's computer and get all their songs on this iPod without it dumping your stuff and swapping the library out?? I have it plugged into his computer and it's asking if I want to swap it, which I don't, I want to add his library to mine...??
    Put his songs into a new folder and then up load the folder onto the ipod (like a portable hard drive) then plug in your ipod to your computer and under my computer open the folder and export to your itunes.
    ipods can be used as external hard drives. I use mine to copy pictures from my friends compter (which is an apple) and upload onto my pc laptop.
    http://www.uvm.edu/cit/iPod/?Page=external.html

al cole'holic
    Put his songs into a new folder and then up load the folder onto the ipod (like a portable hard drive) then plug in your ipod to your computer and under my computer open the folder and export to your itunes.
    ipods can be used as external hard drives. I use mine to copy pictures from my friends compter (which is an apple) and upload onto my pc laptop.
    http://www.uvm.edu/cit/iPod/?Page=external.html
    So far, I exported a copy of his library to a folder on the desktop...my iPod is plugged in but does not show up as a drive under 'my computer'.
    Thanks for the help essexjet!!

h2oski2fast
    So far, I exported a copy of his library to a folder on the desktop...my iPod is plugged in but does not show up as a drive under 'my computer'.
    Thanks for the help essexjet!!
    Easy, in Itunes right click on your Ipod in the directory/ library, or click on the Ipod options icon at the bottom right of the Itunes screen..... In the options check the radio button that coresponds with "manage playlists manually", then you can drag and drop his playlist into you Ipod.

al cole'holic
    ...well, I got the folder on my iPod and put it on my computer desktop, and tried to import the list..it got all his artists but said it could not import cause the songs were not found...hmm..

h2oski2fast
    ...well, I got the folder on my iPod and put it on my computer desktop, and tried to import the list..it got all his artists but said it could not import cause the songs were not found...hmm..
    Did you get the songs off his hard drive, or just get his playlists. The play list is just the path that Itunes follows to find where the songs are on the computer. Sounds like you just got the playlists.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast