Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: iPod question...

al cole'holic
    Did you get the songs off his hard drive, or just get his playlists. The play list is just the path that Itunes follows to find where the songs are on the computer. Sounds like you just got the playlists.
    ...what is the name of the folder iTunes keeps your songs in??

h2oski2fast
    ...what is the name of the folder iTunes keeps your songs in??
    I keep my songs in C:/......./My Documents/My Music

rvrhlic
    Technically you cant but there is a way around it
    The Ipod is an MP3 player, you can play any Mp3's you have regarsdless of where you got them (legally or not) Just add the files to itunes.
    Just like if you buy songs from iTunes you can only burn them a limited number of times that is a technical limitation. There is a way around this, just burn the CD one time and then rip (import) the CD using itunes. Assuming you have the importer setup to import as Mp3s you will have no technical limitations on using that file.
    I burn all my itunes files once and then re-import as Mp3's then delete the m4p so that i have no dups.

Is there a way to trasfer all my songs from my home pc to my laptop and vice versa? Or do I need to use one computer for dowloading songs?
    thanks

rvrhlic
    Is there a way to trasfer all my songs from my home pc to my laptop and vice versa? Or do I need to use one computer for dowloading songs?
    thanks
    if you have a router it is easy. Just share the drive on the pc and then you can access it from the laptop. As long as they are on the same router and one is not a member of a different doamin or work groupd you should be fine. Sometimes there is a problem with pulling files from the computer. When that happens you can setup a shared folder on the laptop ans push the files from the computer.

LUVNLIFE
    So is Itunes the way to go? Which sites are good ones to download from as far as good content and ease? The wife got me a Nano that I have to fill up and I've never checked into downloading sites before. Thanks

TRIMM MANN
    I got a Napster card with 15 free songs. Can I put them on my IPOD or does it have to go through iTunes?

mbrown2
    I got a Napster card with 15 free songs. Can I put them on my IPOD or does it have to go through iTunes?
    Just download them to your computer from Napster. If they are in MP3 format, you can just add them via ITunes, sync the IPOD and then they are on the IPOD.

rvrhlic
    As far as I know you cannot use the ipod on Napster. I was just on the site and they do not list the ipod as a supported player. Since Napster does not give you mp3 but some sort of proprietary file type, you will not be able to just download the songs on Napster and put them into iTunes. You can however use napster to get the songs, burn them on a cd and re-import them using iTunes.
    Luvin.... iTunes is by far the easiest to use with and ipod. there are other programs but not as simple to use with the ipod.

TRIMM MANN
    As far as I know you cannot use the ipod on Napster. I was just on the site and they do not list the ipod as a supported player. Since Napster does not give you mp3 but some sort of proprietary file type, you will not be able to just download the songs on Napster and put them into iTunes. You can however use napster to get the songs, burn them on a cd and re-import them using iTunes.
    Luvin.... iTunes is by far the easiest to use with and ipod. there are other programs but not as simple to use with the ipod.
    That's what I thought, just thought someone might now how get around it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast