Thread: 12jb

76sanger
    my pump says "12JB-A" on the tag. im assuming its a b model pump with an A impeller. but i swear the thing looks identical to a jg pump. how do i distinguish the difference and what parts are identical to the jb pump? thanks again to all who help out a novice boater like myself

Boater Bill
    I also have a JB Berk. Was told its the same as the JG but slightly diff bowl. The JG bowl has longer veins for "better/straighter" flow I believe.

flat broke
    Bill's right on track.
    The pumps are pretty much identical with some minor differences in flange thicknesses and vane lengths. Just an older version of the G bowl.
    Good luck,
    Chris

Omega21
    Since we're on the subject, is there anywhere that will tell you the differences in the JB, JC, JG etc etc etc..?? Just brought a project boat home last night & it's got a berk in it, and I'm pretty much berk stupid. My boat has a Jacuzzi that's getting some American Turbine parts..
    Todd

hack job
    look at the top of the intake housing it will hae a blate on it telling you what it is! and there are other ways that are harder to explain but it should have that on it!
    wink

76sanger
    so is a jc the same as the jb and jg? are all the jb/jg parts interchangable?

76sanger
    so if the flange is thicker, and the bowl is a tad longer, does that make the shaft different length? also ebay has a jg bowl for a start bid of $300 if anyone is interested. is that too much?

flat broke
    76sanger:
    so if the flange is thicker, and the bowl is a tad longer, does that make the shaft different length? also ebay has a jg bowl for a start bid of $300 if anyone is interested. is that too much? Nope, they would be the same length if measured by external dimensions. The difference in the vane length is inside the bowl and how far the vanes cary out to the steering adapter flange. As for the $300 for a JG bowl. Thats a good starting point. I wouldn't get caught bidding it up too far from there though.
    Chris