Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No More Custom Motors!!!!!!!!!!

Not So Fast
    Did anybody read the doom & gloom article in this months Hot Boat about Californias passage of another BS regulation bill concerning emissions which theysay will kill the custom motor biz. God, will they ever leave us alone Seeme to me that the total of hot boats in comparision to cars when it comes to emissions would be miniscule and hardly worth the effort, anybody got the facts or percentages?? NSF

rvrtoy
    They might be better served by passing some sort of ordinance banning semi trucks that throw black smoke from the stacks everytime they accelerate.

hkunz
    No need for facts, that would just cloud the issue. In the lib/demo/whacko/communist agenda - since you don't fish for a living, you don't need a boat, so you should pay extra if you want one. Aspiring to higher goals is a sin against the proletariat. You should be content to live in urban government project apartment and drink your cheap vodka, Komerad.
    Using emissions is just one more way to accomplish that goal.

Baja Big Dog
    They might be better served by passing some sort of ordinance banning semi trucks that throw black smoke from the stacks everytime they accelerate.
    They have...

GHT
    So, that just means Cali is the only state, and all other states will allow Custom motors? California is hardly the Federal Gov. I would recommend not boating in Cali..
    Are my statements true, or am I off base?
    Don

Racey
    Don't register your boat in CA, then you dont have to worry about the stupid inspection. Most boaters i know register in AZ

Big Warlock
    No need for facts, that would just cloud the issue. In the lib/demo/whacko/communist agenda - since you don't fish for a living, you don't need a boat, so you should pay extra if you want one. Aspiring to higher goals is a sin against the proletariat. You should be content to live in urban government project apartment and drink your cheap vodka, Komerad.
    Using emissions is just one more way to accomplish that goal.
    Well said!

Big Warlock
    Don't register your boat in CA, then you dont have to worry about the stupid inspection. Most boaters i know register in AZ
    And that is the answer! In addition, you can then bring your boat to Cali every now and again and run your boat!!

phebus
    What California does will set the stage for all the other states to follow.

Havasu_Dreamin
    What California does will set the stage for all the other states to follow.
    Yep. The EPA is using CA as the test case for broader federal regulations. Bob Brown touched on this in his column a few months back...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast