Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Careful Clicking Links !

Cheap Thrills
    Though I'm not one to complain about computer issues I would like to advise everybody to be careful clicking links posted here.
    I have a very short list of websites I frequent and seldom ever stray from my surfing habits.
    ***boat, Fleybay, YouTube, MSN & Yahoo Webmail, occasionally ISL and RD's place and basically that's it.
    But shortly after clicking a video link here my machine gets Hosed up with the Downloader Trojan and the Trojan.Vundo. Both are a pain in the ass and will hose your machine up good. I believe the site they originated from was Break.com but can't be 100% sure on that and is one of a few oddballs (according to my reg. sites) that I have seen lately from following posted links here.
    This Is Just A Heads Up!
    I'm not blaming anybody for getting Jacked up.It's not a problem for me (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...nning+Windooze) Fortunately I didn't have to reclone my disk but it was looking grim for a while and took me a couple of hours to straighten out.
    So if you're getting some unexpected popups and your machine has been acting sluggish in the past few days. Chances are you clicked the same thing I did.
    Peace Baby
    T.

topless
    I'm afraid to click your link.

Baja Big Dog
    I knew I should have called you, yes, my fricken maching went into shits ville a couple days ago, the cuz spent a couple of hours cleanng it up, spy shredder found a few hundred trojans......

Tom Brown
    That's odd. No trojans here and I click anything and everything.

RiverToysJas
    I used to get Trojans all the time. Haven't gotten any since I got fixed though.
    RTJas

HokeySon
    Though I'm not one to complain about computer issues I would like to advise everybody to be careful clicking links posted here.
    I have a very short list of websites I frequent and seldom ever stray from my surfing habits.
    ***boat, Fleybay, YouTube, MSN & Yahoo Webmail, occasionally ISL and RD's place and basically that's it.
    But shortly after clicking a video link here my machine gets Hosed up with the Downloader Trojan and the Trojan.Vundo. Both are a pain in the ass and will hose your machine up good. I believe the site they originated from was Break.com but can't be 100% sure on that and is one of a few oddballs (according to my reg. sites) that I have seen lately from following posted links here.
    This Is Just A Heads Up!
    I'm not blaming anybody for getting Jacked up.It's not a problem for me (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...nning+Windooze) Fortunately I didn't have to reclone my disk but it was looking grim for a while and took me a couple of hours to straighten out.
    So if you're getting some unexpected popups and your machine has been acting sluggish in the past few days. Chances are you clicked the same thing I did.
    Peace Baby
    T.
    I have got a good easy vundo fix if you need it.
    But I think I picked up something else. I started using firefox a couple of weeks ago, then a few days ago IE just started to either not work or work exceedingly slowly. Spent a few hours trying to fix it but still cannot figure out the problem. I think I will have to take it somewhere -- unless somone here knows the secret.

BigBlockBaja
    You can avoid all of the virus BS by coming to the dark side. (http://www.ubuntu.com/).
    Its very easy once ya get the hang of it.

OverKill
    I have got a good easy vundo fix if you need it.
    But I think I picked up something else. I started using firefox a couple of weeks ago, then a few days ago IE just started to either not work or work exceedingly slowly. Spent a few hours trying to fix it but still cannot figure out the problem. I think I will have to take it somewhere -- unless somone here knows the secret.
    I used FireFox for a couple of weeks. It worked great then everything started to get real slow. So I ditched FireFox and now everything is good.
    I clicked on LiveLeak the other day and got all sorts of problems. It was the link to ( Reminds me of site 6). IMO just don't click on that link and you should be fine.
    OverKill

Cheap Thrills
    I'm afraid to click your link.
    It was /is safe and just redirects you to another thread here on HB.
    That's odd. No trojans here and I click anything and everything.
    *Nix Wheres your sense of adventure Tom ?
    C'mon , surf the Wind,,,,,, OOOOZE
    You can avoid all of the virus BS by coming to the dark side. (http://www.ubuntu.com/).
    Its very easy once ya get the hang of it.
    Yes I am an advocate of *Nix systems too but I do run a Windooze machine too. I just happen to be on it at the time of viri attack. Either way it really wasn't that much of a problem for me but to some of the people that frequent our lovely HB community it might pose a problem.
    I wasn't blaming anybody for it
    besides myself for surfing a Windooze machine.
    I just wanted to aleart the others that there was a bad link posted.
    It's not the first time and I'm sure it wont be the last a buggy link has been posted here.
    Have A Great Evening Everybody!
    T<-------Going back to his Mandriva machine

BigBlockBaja
    T<-------Going back to his Mandriva machine
    I'm running Mepis here on my laptop. For a beginner like myself, I would recommend anyone that wants to try Linux give Ubuntu or Mepis a try.
    The only thing I think people wouldn't like about linux is that they have to learn a whole new operating system, but from what I have learned, most new distros are very easy to setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast