Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first boat.

looks nice too me. are those #'s on your block 3956618 if so my casting #'s sheet shows the block to be a 68-69 302,327,or 350.

delemorte
    looks nice too me. are those #'s on your block 3956618 if so my casting #'s sheet shows the block to be a 68-69 302,327,or 350.
    Those are the castings and i believe it to be a 350.
    its a fresh rebuild so i still have to adjust the valves. any idea on valve spacing? maybe firing order as well?

what make is that? firing order 18436572 . i hope it isn't running that bad. if you took little wider angle pic of your berk i might be able to tell you what it is ,i just became an expert yesterday hahahaha.(split bowl recog.thread). gps'd her yet?

Looks like you got a good start ,welcome to the world of Jet boats.. Tom

ol guy
    Welcome to world of the bottomless wallet!!! Great starter boat Sleekcraft has been around for a few decades and are VERY well built boats. They are a hand lay-up and not a chopshot hull and will take alot. I've had 350 chev JC berkely pump boats before and not a real rocket ship but not costly at the gas pump and easy and cheap to fix. Best wishes and hope for alot of enjoyment, Until you get the bug to go faster,then the sh@t happens!!

delemorte
    what make is that? firing order 18436572 . i hope it isn't running that bad. if you took little wider angle pic of your berk i might be able to tell you what it is ,i just became an expert yesterday hahahaha.(split bowl recog.thread). gps'd her yet?
    She just showed up today and i have not turned her over yet. I am trying to convince a few buddies of mine to come over and help me give her the once over. Its a fresh build, on the motor, and we did not do it so i want to make sure its all locked up tight before i try and do something stupid and turn her over with out actually giving it a once over..
    Shes my first and i know she will not be the fastest out there however as it being my first that aint a bad thing. no reason to end up dead or broken my first time out. Its good to know your limitations.
    If you need different pics let me know im happy to take what ever if you feel you can identify some of this. Just tell me what you need a photo of and ill make it happen.
    Thanks

IMPATIENT 1
    that's a 12je pump in that boat, never seen 1 inset like that.

delemorte
    that's a 12je pump in that boat, never seen 1 inset like that.
    So is that a good or bad thing...
    Is that a "kewl should work out fine"
    Or a
    "OMG dont turn that thing on or you will die!!"
    I am a Rookie here so be gentle and use lots of lube please....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast