Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roost Boost

Jetty 468
    Any one using one ? Is it 215.00 more roost or not ? Also somone here gave me a address awhile back for Place Diverter stuff seem's like it was a guy and a girl name with e-mail . Now that I found a split bowl need Place Diverter!
    Thank's

Keith
    hey jetty, here is one i know about. i bought a rooster booster (used) from jim brock last month
    for $150. he included gaskets and stainless bolts (and shipping). he told me 2x that it would not make my boat any faster but would give a awsome roost. was he ever right! i went under a bridge, the cars had to use their windshield wipers on labor day. the brazos river cops pulled me over and expressed their dislike for the monster rooster tail and dislike for the free carwash.lol
    i found jim on the banderlog board his shop is called CYCLONE SPEED AND MARINE in Pacomia CA. His telly is (818) 890-1867. he is a great guy and was helpful. oh yea, i had to extend my steering cable a bit in order to turn right.

burning cole
    Keith, I was also wondering about getting a bigger roost. I have an 18 ft hull with berkely jet and place diverter. Can I still add the roost boost that you used even though I have a place diverter and if so, what did it take to install? How does the boat handle at high speeds when all the water is going in the air? does the boat get squirrely? s/p If I can get it about 15-20 ft in the air I to can dust cars on a bridge where I go HOW COOL. Please let me know.

rmclague
    Unless you can find a used one or someone with some old stock you will never know.
    Berkley decided to discontinue production of the Rooster booster. It is no longer available.
    I suggest a wedge They are much cheeper and accomplish the same thing. They cost about $30, and are available through most of the Regular channels. they, like a rooster booster can be used with any split bowl pump.
    Rob

Jetty 468
    Keith:
    hey jetty, here is one i know about. i bought a rooster booster (used) from jim brock last month
    for $150. he included gaskets and stainless bolts (and shipping). he told me 2x that it would not make my boat any faster but would give a awsome roost. was he ever right! i went under a bridge, the cars had to use their windshield wipers on labor day. the brazos river cops pulled me over and expressed their dislike for the monster rooster tail and dislike for the free carwash.lol
    i found jim on the banderlog board his shop is called CYCLONE SPEED AND MARINE in Pacomia CA. His telly is (818) 890-1867. he is a great guy and was helpful. oh yea, i had to extend my steering cable a bit in order to turn right.Thank's for the post I gave up on this one already ! Have a change in plan's AGAIN . Going to buy the Aggressor hydraulic unit . The pump I'm told is alot better and cost less for more . I grew up in Dallas and have some buddy's in your area still . Were do you go boating ?? At lake Dallas or lake Lewisville is east hill still a good place to go ? I see here that Big Daddy's down there also good to see some Tx. folk's here .Have any pic. of your ride ? Mine can be seen on Chris's site front page under Thumper .

Keith
    ok guys, i am not the expert on much, so take this with a grain of salt and a slice of lime with that CORONA EXTRA! burning cole: the rooster booster...yes added an awsome rooster but added no speed. in fact, my boat seems quicker at less than full-up trim. 15-20 ft high tails...no problem...more like 25-to 30 ft high and 175 to 200 ft long....i dare a jet ski to try to jump my wake. lol. rmclague: my unit was traded in to jim brock for a droop snoot by one of his customers
    seeking more MPH. also, it was made by place diverter not berkley. i was looking into buying a droop snoot but was actually talked out of it by the people at place because i was told that my boat would chine walk. to fix the chine, i would have to add trim tabs. i have very little transom to mount any more hardware to and very little cash to play with. with the booster i have no handling problems but the patrol boats (i.e. boat cops) have a little heartburn on the amount of water that i displace into the air an on the bridges...no ticket, just a warning. if you look on the banderlog forms, froggystyle explains in detail the effects of the angle of trim vs the effects of the water on the back half of your hull. jetty, i live in arlington between dallas and fort worth about 6 miles from joe pool lake. there is a small group of jet boats and v drives that hang out at lynn creek park near boat ramp 2. they are very freindly and welcome others to join in on saturdays. my sister has a house on grandbury lake and we spend the long summer holliday weekends there. grandbury is about 60 miles southwest of here. i have never been to lake lewisville but i hear that it is a really hot spot with plenty of boats and babes! my boat is a '73 cutlas and is on teshio.com and i made a web page last year when i got the boat. try http//www.geocities.com/a_pirate_at_41/bad_jetboat.html. i am kinda new and kinda dum at posting but zip me an email and i will send out some pics i took while my wife drove and i was sitting on the dash. it has a mild 468 chev, lightning o/t headers a manual place diverter and a blueprinted berkley pump, holley 650 dp (too small) and a peformer RPM intake, a 14 quart pan (too big) and the engine is mounted solid on aluminum rails. sorry about the long post and i hope that i answered your questions....keith

Keith
    damm, 1 more...email address...a_pirate_at_41@yahoo.com...sorry

JustMVG
    I have the Rooster booster on my 21 Ultra and yeah you don't see any more speed but damn, that rooster is awesome, and my kids love it. I haven't had the pleasure, or the oppotunity to hose a jet ski but would probably pass on it anyway. I wonder how many jets are going to the summer blowout at pyramid, maybe we can get a group roost going!!!!
    See ya Mike V G

SoCalPower
    I have a used rooster booster for sale. $150.00
    I'm in Riverside area.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    All you guys need to do is install a couple of wedges. I have a 6 degree and a 5 degree stacked and let me tell you. I took it out today and when I put that tail up everybody looked at me. Hell even jordy saw me comming. I spent $60 and I have a total of 11 degrees up. The rooster booster is only 10 degrees. If you really want roost then use a rooster booster and a couple of wedges. But just like everyone else says it will slow you down. I dont care about speed as long as I have a huge tail. Just my .02
    396--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast