Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreign signage

BILLY.B
    I don't come in here very much so this topic may have been beat to death so if it has i'm sorry but if it hasn't what are your thoughts?. Living in So Cal (Upland /Alta Loma) there are quite a few things we have to put up with for what alot of people consider the best climate in the country. But i'm sick and tired of having to put up with this one. The amount of new business's poping up with foreign signage all over the building, not to mention the banks , Lowes, Home Depot, etc having foreign signage all over. Not to mention playing commericals in spanish while i'm shopping (Lowes). Am I the only one who bitches at the store managers about this?.

Steve 1
    No you are not alone my city is also full of signs written in the Language of failure and plastered all over the place. Speak English or get the fucc out!

ULTRA26 # 1
    No you are not alone my city is also full of signs written in the Language of failure and plastered all over the place. Speak English or get the fucc out!
    Spoken like a true American.

Schiada76
    Spoken like a true American.
    Yes Ultra that is true whether you like it or not.
    The people that come LEGALLY and are succesful SPEAK ENGLISH!
    My dad's new wife's father ( what ever that made him realtive wise) was a survivor of the Holocaust, tatto #'s he and his wife both. He came here on a freighter with NOTHING and no one gave him jack shit. In fact they fducked with him at Ellis island, they gave him his American name. Harry Peters, he didn't get the joke.
    He did however become a huge succes in this country by assimalating learning English and working his ass off, no handouts, no free English classes, no food stamps no one wipping his ass for him.
    He said the same thing to me that Billy just did, in person to my face " what is wrong with these people taht come here and don't learn English? Don't respect AMERICAN culture? What is wrong with them?
    So yes I agree if you want to live here, want MY RESPECT speak the languge of THIS country or get the FCCUCK BACK HOME!
    In memory of Harry, the man went to hell, real hell not the bullshit that people these days think are tough, he went to HELL! Watched his friends get GASSED, shot and burned to death. He was one of the happiest men I have ever met. God rest his soul.

Schiada76
    HEY RIO!
    The throttle linkage arm you sent me for my hat works TITS!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9...7023cg3.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?i...r907023cg3.jpg)

TonkaDriver
    Hey Billy,
    There are more of us that think like you than you could ever believe. I grew up in Phoenix and it is every bit as bad as SoCal now. I once drove thru a small suburb town inhabited mostly by illegals and saw a Highway Dept. sign that was giving a message only in Mexican. I tried to find the people responsible and got the runaround. According to a study put out by some folks in SoCal, 95% of all unresolved murder investigations where warrents were issued involve Illegals from south of the border. I think the number was 1700.
    They are a cancer. A talk show host here got fired for suggesting that they play border roulette and pick a day at random where they shoot all illegals crossing the border. What would something like that do to the numbers rushing the border as they do now.
    The Mexican government's number 2 import is U.S. cash sent back home by Illegals.
    I say keep building the fence and shoot those that get through. Could bag a member of Al Quieda in the process. A bonus in my opinion.
    Kurt

ULTRA26 # 1
    Hey Ultra26#1, anything new on the Eatern front? lol
    Rio
    Say what
    This Country is a melting pot for people from all over the world. I completely agree that people who live in this Country must speak English and that American schools must be taught is English.
    However, I see nothing wrong with signs in languages other than English. Freedom of speech isn't limited to speech in English.

Moneypitt
    I watched the transistion of the Westmenister/Midway City area of Orange County. Early 70s, from quiet little sub cities, to little Saigon just about overnight. Property values went in the toilet, neighborhoods became ghettos with double and triple the number of people living in a given area. Then came the gangs, kids that had known nothing but war their whole lives, imports from Nam that had no clue of American culture, nor any desire to adapt to our way of life......Driving down the main drag could have easily been Saigon based on the signage, massage parlors were about the only businesses with english wording. And these people were LEGAL...Have not been there in a couple of decades, gotta be much worse by now.......
    Press one for english.........Won't be long before you have to press 6 or 7 for english........MP

never_fast_enuf
    Say what
    This Country is a melting pot for people from all over the world. I completely agree that people who live in this Country must speak English and that American schools must be taught is English.
    However, I see nothing wrong with signs in languages other than English. Freedom of speech isn't limited to speech in English.
    You can speak any language you like but I draw the line at taking my tax $$ and spending it on these multi language signs.
    Just as insane are the new highway markers every 10th of a mile. How much freaking money did THAT cost.

Moneypitt
    Say what
    C'mon John, when the melting pot is stired just right, the result is a stronger America. When certain ingridents refuse to blend, the entire stew is at risk and you wind up with a weak, stinky soup, too salty, too greasy. Part of that goo in the pot is foreign signage from third world countries which is a reflection of their refusal to be stired into the melting pot, to blend, to contribute, to be part of America. (Just imagine if all the 7-11s used their native language).......Entire blocks, neighborhoods, with only spanish, arabic, hebrew, japanese, etc. signage is a slap in the face to the very same people that are suppose to accept them into OUR society.......MP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast