Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreign signage

ULTRA26 # 1
    You can speak any language you like but I draw the line at taking my tax $$ and spending it on these multi language signs.
    Just as insane are the new highway markers every 10th of a mile. How much freaking money did THAT cost.
    Noone is talking about spending your tax dollars on multi language signs.. Get your head out of the safety deposit box.
    Now your whining about highway mile markers?
    C'mon John, when the melting pot is stired just right, the result is a stronger America. When certain ingridents refuse to blend, the entire stew is at risk and you wind up with a weak, stinky soup, too salty, too greasy. Part of that goo in the pot is foreign signage from third world countries which is a reflection of their refusal to be stired into the melting pot, to blend, to contribute, to be part of America. (Just imagine if all the 7-11s used their native language).......Entire blocks, neighborhoods, with only spanish, arabic, hebrew, japanese, etc. signage is a slap in the face to the very same people that are suppose to accept them into OUR society.......MP
    Ray,
    We both live in Sothern California. Korea Town, Little Tokeo, Alvera Street, China Town, etc, have been a part of our culture for many decades. I don't view this as a slap in the face of Americans. Problem as I see it is our lack of a viable solution on how to deal with being over run by illegals.

never_fast_enuf
    Ultra, if you don't care about government waste then you are just part of the problem.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Ultra, if you don't care about government waste then you are just part of the problem.
    If you think that mileage markers are a waste, then write your congressman. I have never viewed mileage markers as a waste.

never_fast_enuf
    If you think that mileage markers are a waste, then write your congressman. I have never viewed mileage markers as a waste.
    Mile markers every 10th of a mile are a massive waste. So is government sponsored multi language signs. I could give a rip what private business do...it's their money and they can spend it any way they like. When it is my money, I do give a damn. What a pitty more people don't care.

Schiada76
    Say what
    This Country is a melting pot for people from all over the world. I completely agree that people who live in this Country must speak English and that American schools must be taught is English.
    However, I see nothing wrong with signs in languages other than English. Freedom of speech isn't limited to speech in English.
    Ultra wouldn't be offended if someone drove 100 miles to his house, broke in, ate all his food and then shit on his coffee table.
    That's exactly what these foreign scum are doing to our country.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Mile markers every 10th of a mile are a massive waste. So is government sponsored multi language signs. I could give a rip what private business do...it's their money and they can spend it any way they like. When it is my money, I do give a damn. What a pitty more people don't care.
    I live in the middle of one of the most ethnic diverse areas in the world and have never seen any waste in the form of Govt sponsored multi language signs. Please give us all an example of where you observing your taxes being wasted on this.
    Ultra wouldn't be offended if someone drove 100 miles to his house, broke in, ate all his food and then shit on his coffee table.
    That's exactly what these foreign scum are doing to our country.
    Morris, the thread is about foriegn language signs, not illegals. Thought you only dealt in facts???
    If you think that breaking into my house would be a care free event, maybe you should give it a try. You would be surprised and that is a fact!
    Which foreign scum are you referring to?

AzMandella
    Mileage markers are only a drop in the bucket.If you knew how much tax dollars are spent at the state and federal level for all of the things,govm't papers and forms,advertisements and other things so people can function in our society without having to learn english it would make you puke.And there is no doubt you can blame liberal society for this.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Mileage markers are only a drop in the bucket.If you knew how much tax dollars are spent at the state and federal level for all of the things,govm't papers and forms,advertisements and other things so people can function in our society without having to learn english it would make you puke.And there is no doubt you can blame liberal society for this.
    Seems Conservatives have been running the Federal Govt. I agree that there is way too much waste in Govt. Damn Republicans

asch
    I think the constitution should be rewritten in Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, French, Arabic, Hebrew etc., etc.
    When I lived in Houston, there's an area dense with Chinese folks. So much so that even the street signs are written in Chinese. Strange, but true.
    By the way, some sections of Houston, Texas have got to be some of the most multi-cultured areas in any city in the country.
    Houston is considered an "International" city. I've never see so much diversity, even in So. Cal. So before you thinks it's bad just here in CA, look around a bit.
    With that said, multiculturalism is ruining the country. Too many unassimilated class and kleins will eventually contribute to the downfall of the nation, like Rome.

ULTRA26 # 1
    We all have the right to have and express our opinions which is one of the things that makes this country great.
    A statement such as "multiculturalism is ruining the country"is not one to debate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast