Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aggressor vs Place

Omega21
    Anyone know which is better than the other and why?
    Todd

FoMoCo
    I am going to buy the Aggressot because its got a tunnable nozzle at no extra charge, and the Hyd only cost $700.00!!!!! thats about $230.00 less than Place. If you put them next to each other they are almost idenical. ANd they come with a Sterring wheel 2 button mount for the Hyd Vers. Place charges extra for that!! Just my 2 cents

*LS7*
    So I guess cheap is better?

ChetCapoli
    *LS7*:
    So I guess cheap is better?looky, looky...if it isnt king donuthead himself with his words of wisdom from that certain small town in south cal. Maybe it's you who installed the donut ovens?? hb isnt owning up to it so i was just wondering. Anyways, about your quote here...i'm not quite following, care to explain??? The same quality at a better price is better last i knew..and aggressor's diverter is just that. Then again, i'm willing to bet you havent even seen one have ya...so what...do you know????? BTW, how is "the pile" doing that you rave so much about?? Little more "tweaks" on my end says i'm by you...and on a "cheaper" line to boot!
    CHET
    "Look whose back...once again...tell a friend..."

There's one question I have never seen answered regarding the Aggressor Diverter. As far as I am concerned(as a potential buyer), the useful operating life of the unit is equally as important as cost.
    I would like to hear from any long-term users of the Aggressor regarding functionality, durability and wear issues. Anyone?

Unchained
    I just switched to an American Turbine extension and diverter. Their a real quality built unit. It's the only unit I've ever seen that doesn't leak water all around the steering and diverter knuckle joints. Has brass bushings instead of nylon. They come standard with the fine tune nozzle insert. Got it from Duayne at Hi-Tech Performance in KS.

ChetCapoli
    hey oldsquirt,
    I'll try answer it for you since i bought mine basically when they first came out. I probably have about 10hrs run time so far which i wouldnt consider "long term" like you are looking for. Maybe it will help though. I figured for the few hundred bucks(not pennies) i'd take the aggressor. I looked at them both up close and said wow they are very similiar...why is that place so much money anyways?? Well..30 years and no competition to speak of i would think is the answer but who knows. The only thing i wish i had with mine is that new style pump they use because the first ones out(like mine) use the bennett pump(like place) which has those solinoids which i dont particularly care for and i have gathered they might stick? once in while?? I have not noticed any kind of wear in the joints or critical areas so far however. BTW, unchained..how much was that A/T deal?? I hear it works pretty good and was told to try it but it's seems to be a pretty expensive "try" if you know what i mean..especially on a v bottom.
    CHET

LVjetboy
    I bought my Place about 8 years ago. Don't know if they still sell with the Bennett pump or if Bennett has improved their pump, but I'm not impressed. Looks like a home-built from someone's garage shop. The smoked plastic cover cracked so I took it off. Couldn't see the fluid level so had to make a dipstick to check. Cheap plastic line fittings always leaked so had to replace them with braided hose. For the price? A piece of cr*p. Still works though.
    One thing...go with steering trim if possible. I just installed a set of Rex switches and that's got to be the best thing I ever did. I couldn't believe how easy it was to move the diverter with a quick flick of the thumb and both hands on the wheel...especially in the rough.
    jer

SB
    Unchained, the AT unit was slammed by a boat builder on this board, I'd guess about a year ago. If they have improved, please let us know.

Unchained
    Really, I'd like to see that discussion. I got my setup from Hi-Tech, they use AT in their drag boat and have had real good results.
    Chet, The parts I bought from Hi-Tech were from a customer that crashed his boat after a couple runs and the parts were like new but used so I don't know what the new price would be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast