Thread: Water temp guage

delemorte
    So my jet boat has a chevy 350 in it. supposedly a fresh rebuild and was just installed before my pops sent it to me. on the front of the engine there is room for several guages (Fuel pressure, temp, etc.). The water temp guage that is sitting there has the wire on it, with the sensor attached but does not go any where.
    I was wondering if the dude that put it in had forgot it or if in fact a open system would not need such a guage... I guess with a endless supply of fresh water the temp would not get to bad but what if something clogs...
    I dont know so i wanted to ask.:idea:

oldselmn8tr
    You should run a gauge, anything can happen and this could save your engine if you actually watch your gauges.

delemorte
    You should run a gauge, anything can happen and this could save your engine if you actually watch your gauges.
    kewl. then i will find out where it is supposed to go. Any ideas where on a 350 this guage is supposed to screw into?

delemorte
    I think i found it on the driver side head betwen the first and second spark plug . Ill take a photo tomorrow and upload it to get you guys's oppinions.

Moneypitt
    I think i found it on the driver side head betwen the first and second spark plug . Ill take a photo tomorrow and upload it to get you guys's oppinions.
    The heads are the same, you could go to either one, but, I would tap into the intake close to the water exit. There are usually heater hose bosses in that area......MP