Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filter/Water Separator Mount

Taylorman
    I need a nice fuel filter water separator mount and filter. The one i have is a Raycor and its only a 60 gph filter with 1/4 npt fittings. Im upgrading my fuel plumbing so i want a higher flow filter. Who has a nice filter mount and whats the best kind of filter to run?

hbpdub
    Hardin Marine has a bitchen set up that is billet and flows 200 gph the part # is 625-7660.

retromek
    Hey Taylorman what are you doi'n over there seem's like I'm into the same stuff at the same time. Anyhow just got delivery of a water seporator (whatever Spelling sucks but but beer is good) from ebay. Are you doin a winter re-fit? Of all yer riggin?
    Bunch of paint fumes today,...

Taylorman
    Hey Taylorman what are you doi'n over there seem's like I'm into the same stuff at the same time. Anyhow just got delivery of a water seporator (whatever Spelling sucks but but beer is good) from ebay. Are you doin a winter re-fit? Of all yer riggin?
    Bunch of paint fumes today,...
    Among all the other things im doing, im pulling my fuel tanks out for new senders and new larger fittings for the pickups. Im welding in some -8 fittings at the bottom of the tanks. Im also getting a higher flow fuel filter.

retromek
    Do you have the sheet metal type tanks or the spun aluminum cool torpedo types?
    You glassing them back in or bolting them?

67weimann
    Is glassing metal tanks in a good idea?
    I am currently getting some tanks made and was gonna have some brackets welded on and then glass some mounts in the hull to attach the tank to.

IMPATIENT 1
    orielly's has a wix kit that has large ports in and out and works great,@40bucks. i use the same filter for 1yr. and since i installed mine(3yrs ago),not one water in the carb prob..pm me if you need a p#. i can take a look at mine this evenin and get the numbers to ya.they flow like a motha too.

Taylorman
    Do you have the sheet metal type tanks or the spun aluminum cool torpedo types?
    Mine are sheet metal aluminum ones. They are bolted in. Im pulling them out to put new senders in them. I was surprised at how clean they are inside for being 30 yrs old. Im gonna order new senders from Rex today and weld in some larger fittings.

Willis
    I need a nice fuel filter water separator mount and filter. The one i have is a Raycor and its only a 60 gph filter with 1/4 npt fittings. Im upgrading my fuel plumbing so i want a higher flow filter. Who has a nice filter mount and whats the best kind of filter to run?
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=14197
    This filter flow hi Volume
    Willis

superdave013
    I think the mounts that REX sells look really nice. They have big ports too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast