Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Usmc

SandbarScot
    When our soldiers were lined up on the Kuwait-Iraq border, in the final show down when Bush gave Sadam 24 hours to surrender, it was a tense day.
    My son, Nick, was 13 then. I didn't imagine he would have anything to do with it...that the war would still be enduring so many years later.
    Tonight, he travels to MCRD San Diego. Boot camp starts tomorrow morning. He has enlisted to be a Marine. If Nick passes through all his schools, he will be a Reconnaissance Marine - high speed, low drag - all the fun stuff.
    Some of you on the boards know Nick. Wish him well. As the proud dad, I know I will.

GHT
    Don't know him but I do wish him well. Thanks to men like Nick we are, and will remain, a free country. Well, more free than most.:idea:
    THANKS!!!

OGShocker
    All the best to your son. Thank you for sharing him with the rest of us.

boatsnblondes
    Semper Fi kid....we wish you the best....good luck...

boatseller2
    Nick, I don't know you, but I just want to say "GOD BLESS YOU", and all the other Men and Women who give of themselves to ensure our way of life. The sacrifices you have and will make for all of us, makes me very proud to be an American. I wish the years hadn't caught up with me so I could be next to you again. Stay low, move fast, and may god be with you. Thanks again!!!

LakeTrash
    After I got out of Paris Island I had duty next to the barracks of the guys who were trying to qualify for Force Recon. I thought I was bad ass (boot camp does that to you) but those guys were off the hook.
    Semper Fi, Nick and Godspeed.
    LT

Baja Big Dog
    Well, I can honestly say I now have a friend that is a Raider fan!!!!
    Tell your kid to give um hell!!!!
    And thanks him!!!

Havasu Luvr
    HOOAH Nick. we're all on the same team (Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines). Remember to be a "SMART" Soldier and no worries, Papa is already Proud of you as I am proud of mine. I now have 2 sons in Baghdad and a 3rd son due to deploy in March.
    "EOD" to the Bone

SandbarScot
    Thanks for all the comments. I am going to get Nick to read them before he heads out tonight.
    Now, here's the real kicker! Nick is my step-son. I also have a daughter the same age (18). Her name is Janae. Janae is entering the Coast Guard basic training in Cape May, NJ tomorrow also. Basic training for both my youngest kids starts on the SAME DAY! What a coincidence. I am so proud of Janae as well.

spectratoad
    Congrats to both of your children. Godspeed and keep your heads on a swivel no matter where in the world you end up. Coast Guard is no longer just "our" coast. We had them with us in the Persian Gulf back in 89.
    Your Dad has got to be proud and scared all at the same time so give him an extra hug before you leave. Tough guys need them too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast