Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Are your kids in public school???

OCMerrill
    My son just turned 8 last week, he's a 3rd grader, so he started K when he was 4. He reads at a 6th grade level. He just turned 8. What's your point again?
    In our district the Cutoff is Dec 1. Turn 5 by then and you can go K. His B-day is Jan 15 so pre K one more year. So he will be an older kid all through school. Not by our choice though.
    It amazes me how well the public thing is doing these days. May 8 year old daughter in the 3 rd grade also reads fluently at the top of the start test report. What grade level that was I don't remember. We are pleased so far.
    They do this Star and Core testing so see how things are and the district keeps a close eye on things.
    Much different than when I grew up.

thatguy
    Again, everyone is jumping on the GOOD/BAD parents bandwagon, that is NOT what I intended for you guys to think about here....neither was it to be about good/bad on the public school system...I am just trying to figure out, in the face of this new bill, why ANY of you still would support a system like this if you could help it...my PS down the street here is a GREAT school, but if this is the environment that my kids would be subjected to, why would I put them in there?? Why would any of you???
    B, As you are so fond of saying, go back and re-read my post. I never said good or bad parenting.
    I said the worse the environment, the more a parent(s) need to be involved.
    Tommy
    PS- How was your latest run? Haven't sen you here for a few days.

topless
    No, mine are in private and I am paying out the wazoo. I can't wait till they are old enough for colledge. It will feel like getting a raise Maybe they can teach you to spell.:idea:

thatguy
    Maybe they can teach you to spell.:idea:
    BAM!!!

cdog
    The bills signed by Schwarzenegger include SB777, which bans anything in public schools that could be interpreted as negative toward homosexuality, bisexuality and other alternative lifestyle choices.
    England told WND that the law is not a list of banned words, including "mom" and "dad." But she said the requirement is that the law bans discriminatory bias.
    "Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a dicsriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."
    Also signed was AB394, which targets parents and teachers for such indoctrination through "anti-harassment" training, CCF said.
    Thomasson said it also forces every hospital in California – even private, religious hospitals – to adopt policies in support of transsexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality and opens up nonprofit organizations to lawsuits if they exclude members that engage in homosexual, bisexual, or transsexual conduct.
    Can't wait to hear "Dad what's a transgender mom"? From a 6 year old.

voodoomedman
    No, mine are in private and I am paying out the wazoo. I can't wait till they are old enough for colledge. It will feel like getting a raise
    What the heck. Your not in Taxifornia. Are the schools not good in your county? I've been researching and Rutherford county looks to have some pretty good schools.

boatsnblondes
    The bills signed by Schwarzenegger include SB777, which bans anything in public schools that could be interpreted as negative toward homosexuality, bisexuality and other alternative lifestyle choices.
    England told WND that the law is not a list of banned words, including "mom" and "dad." But she said the requirement is that the law bans discriminatory bias.
    "Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a dicsriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."
    Also signed was AB394, which targets parents and teachers for such indoctrination through "anti-harassment" training, CCF said.
    Thomasson said it also forces every hospital in California – even private, religious hospitals – to adopt policies in support of transsexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality and opens up nonprofit organizations to lawsuits if they exclude members that engage in homosexual, bisexual, or transsexual conduct.
    Can't wait to hear "Dad what's a transgender mom"? From a 6 year old.
    FINALLY!!!! Someone who understands what I am upset about....Tommy, I was not replying to you personally, but everyone here who is stuck on the whole "It's the parents" thing...

thatguy
    FINALLY!!!! Someone who understands what I am upset about....Tommy, I was not replying to you personally, but everyone here who is stuck on the whole "It's the parents" thing...
    No problem. I can not believe Arnold signed this shit rag of a bill. I am with you on this one. Is this what is important in school today? Not hurting someones feelings? You gotta be sh*tting Me. Jesus, no wonder kids are so damned spoiled and whiny these days.
    Wonder how much money is being thrown away on this kind of crap. Like we got nothing better to spend it on?
    I am moving for sure.
    Tommy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Where are we going again? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Honey, if you're reading this, hurry up on the house so we can move before I get fired!
    Many of my students are in foster care, or live with grandparents/aunts/uncles etc, so I always try to be considerate and use the terms along with "guardians" and "whoever takes care of you" whenever I remember, but this whole idea of not wanting to hurt kids feelings (or adults for that matter) has just gotten completely out of hand. We are a nation of crybabies. I've gotta move to a red state.

cdog
    [QUOTE]QUOTE]
    Well said, the liberals are hoping to invade the public school system so that they can push their own views on our children. Anything that disagrees with these views is interpreted as discriminatory.
    Aside from liberals in California the CTA has done more than it's fair share of damage to our school system.
    Indoctrination.
    I'm out of here at the end of this month.
    Anyone want to move to Phoenix, I'm your man.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast