Thread: Funny Car fire!!

Sleeper CP
    I posted this on the Sandbar, but knowing that a lot of racers over here don't spend much time there if any, I thought I would post a pic here also.
    Check out the Sandbar for the other pic. or check out the slide show on
    www.maxchevy.com It is on the bottom righthand corner
    This is a picture of my friend Randy Walls in his Funny Car this past weekend. He is an old time funny car racer and has raced Chevy's since the late 1960's. Randy has helped my brother and me out over the years with our big inch Ford. He just went through it for me after I lost a lifter in it 3 weeks ago. He came out of this fire with a just a couple of small burns thank God.
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1192568014
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

nitro557
    he must have had a newer design fire suit,most of those guys like to run the old style stuff hes lucky
    a friend of mine had a bad fire like that in a front engine fueler its been 2 years ago and hes still trying to recover from it,bad stuff

Sleeper CP
    I just talked to him. He had a good new fire suite on. He is okay, he said he couldn't get out of his belts so he could get out of the damn car. He said it go very hot in there.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2317/...289f5c.jpg?v=0
    He said it was one of the worst fire's in 20 years.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

McIntyrelocal
    we were running randy on that run and from the starting line it looked just as bad luckilly randy is a damn good driver and kept it in his lane our car is brand new that was our first competition pass on it. its a shame that happened that was that only original 70's funny car still running especially with the original driver i hope randy can put something else together.

McIntyrelocal
    thank god he was ok , he got out of the car on his own to .

Sleeper CP
    its a shame that happened that was that only original 70's funny car still running especially with the original driver i hope randy can put something else together.
    I think his original '70's car is his gray one that he was running two years ago. I think the yellow one is a hi-bred of old and new.
    He's pissed off the blower is frozen (stuck), he is pretty sure the chassis is okay.
    Sleeper CP

McIntyrelocal
    oh ok, i thought it was his old car, i havent been out to any races since we stopped running our car about 3 years ago. but my dad helped build and is crew chiefing the future flash car so now ill be helping on that one. im glad to hear that was a new body not the original and randy is a great guy with a lot of respect from alot of people and im sure he wont have a problem getting some help.