Thread: Eagle cranks vs SCAT cranks

2manymustangs
    Any input OR good/bad stories about either Eagle or SCAT cranks and rods? I know that the baseline stuff isn't true race quality but would like to hear any pro's or con's.
    I was taken back the other day when a old friend that has a engine rebuilding shop (here in Missouri) told me that all of the SCAT cranks he works on are junk. I told him that I had been hearing exactly the opposite. Im sure the castings come from the same foundry in China BUT I always liked the look of SCAT's finished product as compared to Eagles stuff.
    This engine rebuilder said that the SCAT cranks are harder to balance and are much softer material.

VDRIVERACING
    I have used Eagle cranks and rods with good results. All BBC blown aplication from standard to 1/4 stroker in 650-850HP applications up to the mid 7000 rpm range in racing environments.
    As far as "anecdotal" information goes, I have heard that the two brands come from different manufacturers in China, and that Eagle has the superior metals, whereas Scat shows up with a better finish. That's just what I have heard. In discussions in this forum, many have noted good results with Scat as well.
    Since ANY crank/rod should receive expert machine preparation prior to use in a race/very high performance application, it's probably a wash between the two brands by the time the products are in use.